PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO Cube Print Temperature Modifier *beta*

Mythandar
05-30-2017, 03:59 AM
http://3dcreatorhub.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27

bolsoncerrado
05-31-2017, 12:15 AM
I was onsidering getting a few of these:

https://www.amazon.es/vovotrade-Waterproof-memoria-Flash-velocidad/dp/B01CSCF2B4/ref=pd_sim_147_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8T5GKXX5679WHKZDT2FM

to leave them permanently attached to the Cube (not glued, just so small they are almost invisible :)) with the .cube3 "commands" like an extension of the firmware/menus on the Cube...

Wdy think?

TommyDee
05-31-2017, 12:23 AM
Connect a Pi3 to the other USB port and have it snoop around :o

bolsoncerrado
05-31-2017, 12:37 AM
duH!? connect how? I mean I know the physical plug, whats next? ssh?

TommyDee
05-31-2017, 12:46 AM
Can you run windows 10 on Pi3 or is there a 3D Builder app for Pi3? I guess that's Android?

- - - - - - - - - -

Technically, the printer is a specific device. If you know how to hack devices from their USB port, you can go to town.
I still think that the communication layer and the proprietary hardware layer are superfluous.
There is a hardware layer that we should be able to hack into with some hardware and a real brain.

IAmOrion
05-31-2017, 01:15 AM
There is a Windows 10 version for the Pi3 but it's not great. The Pi is an ARM processor and "built" for Linux based distributions. All of the official Raspberry Pi OSes are Linux variants. There was an android port but it's so slow it's not worth it

TommyDee
05-31-2017, 01:22 AM
If it meets 3D Builder's OpenGL requirement, it may run.
We have 3DS drivers for that -and- their ABS implementation with their rafts is quite nice!
And you can remote your workstation. Talk about standalone :)

I have the Lenovo YogaBook in the Windows 10 version. It handles 3D Builder nicely.

bolsoncerrado
05-31-2017, 01:45 AM
What is 3DBuilder able to do once communicating with the Cube?

TommyDee
05-31-2017, 01:54 AM
Set up a print plate and send it to the 3DS print spooler.
You can also save the build plate, but not the print settings.
And the print settings in the 3DS driver lie.

The driver implementation requires physical handshaking with the printer.
Otherwise it defaults to a garbled RAW print file.

MegaloDon
06-24-2017, 08:39 PM
PETG on the Cube 3!!
http://www.print3dforum.com/showthread.php/914-Filament-Review?p=41792&viewfull=1#post41792

- - - - - - - - - -

More results in PETG.
http://www.print3dforum.com/showthread.php/1014-Extruder-Hub-V2-FTF-(Free-The-Filament)?p=41767&viewfull=1#post41767

- - - - - - - - - -

Does this work with dual color as well?

Mythandar
06-25-2017, 12:09 AM
Does this work with dual color as well?

Yes. It searches for the code used by both extruder for the temperature and tries to change them all to the same temp. So it doesn't matter if your printing from the left, right, or both.

I was thinking about cubeprint and how we know what to expect from it. So that made me think of what other settings could be easily changed so we could see what change they made to the print. Retraction settings was one thing I know would be easy to modify. Retraction was the one thing in the other slicers that was hard to set to work similar to cubeprint.

If anyone can think of anything else then drop it in here, I'll look to see how feasible it would be.

TommyDee
06-25-2017, 02:08 AM
M. I think there is an intended pause at the end of a layer. This is the blob-column at the start finish. It is also the reason for Marvin's loop failures. The hot nozzle is resting on the blob! This pause is not present in the 3D Builder ABS slicer (3DS code of course) which does not map over to the Cube 3 S/W.
The symptom it cures is single wall "lean" reverse problem. The problem it causes is significant just from a local overheating perspective.

MegaloDon
06-25-2017, 03:59 AM
M. I think there is an intended pause at the end of a layer. This is the blob-column at the start finish.
I don't know of a particular solution to this issue, but I am providing my observations and examination of the bfb code so that maybe someone else can come up with a solution.

The pause is caused by retraction. In my v2 hub, I removed the retraction just from the post portion of the chip changer. Keep in mind that there were no pauses in the bfb code. They may have put the retraction in there just so it would do a pause. This works quite well, but if the post diameter is too small, it will get too hot and melt the post and mangle it. 3DS solves this issue on smaller objects by moving the head away from the object, pausing for one second and then resuming. This causes blobbing and stringing. If the diameter of the post is large enough, 3DS software does not put the retraction in and the result is no blobbing. My chip changer's post is in the middle of these 2 extremes, so my solution works. If it were larger, I wouldn't have needed this modification as it would have printed just fine. If it were smaller, my mod would not have worked. It would have twisted it around and mangled it. I found this out while attempting to print gears on my 1st version of the hub.

So in the case of small objects, it makes sense that they put the retraction or pause in there to allow the part to cool. So how could we solve this blobbing issue and still allow the part to cool? The other question is, why is it there on large objects when it is not moving across non-printed areas?

TommyDee
06-25-2017, 04:26 AM
It really needs to do a Z-drop. The mystery is why 3D Builders version of the 3DS ABS slicer doesn't exhibit this problem. It doesn't overheat and blob-up the entire Marvin Loop. They are literally night and day different. Forget PLA... it is stroke for stroke identical.

The only way to see the 3D Builder file is to remove it from the internal SD and compare it with a Cubify 4.03 ABS print. Then maybe we can get some answers as to what we're looking at. Short of that, it is a needle in a haystack... and I don't know how to look for that kind of thing. I still cannot get a converter working.

MegaloDon
06-25-2017, 05:13 AM
It really needs to do a Z-drop.
I think what you are referring to is what Slic3r software calls z-hop. And it works very well.

Mythandar
06-25-2017, 05:48 AM
I don't know of a particular solution to this issue, but I am providing my observations and examination of the bfb code so that maybe someone else can come up with a solution.

The pause is caused by retraction. In my v2 hub, I removed the retraction just from the post portion of the chip changer. Keep in mind that there were no pauses in the bfb code. They may have put the retraction in there just so it would do a pause. This works quite well, but if the post diameter is too small, it will get too hot and melt the post and mangle it. 3DS solves this issue on smaller objects by moving the head away from the object, pausing for one second and then resuming. This causes blobbing and stringing. If the diameter of the post is large enough, 3DS software does not put the retraction in and the result is no blobbing. My chip changer's post is in the middle of these 2 extremes, so my solution works. If it were larger, I wouldn't have needed this modification as it would have printed just fine. If it were smaller, my mod would not have worked. It would have twisted it around and mangled it. I found this out while attempting to print gears on my 1st version of the hub.

So in the case of small objects, it makes sense that they put the retraction or pause in there to allow the part to cool. So how could we solve this blobbing issue and still allow the part to cool? The other question is, why is it there on large objects when it is not moving across non-printed areas?

Would increasing the fan speed help? That can be controlled using simplify3d easy enough by layer, but cubeprint only ever uses 50% fan speed from the few BFB's I've inspected.

TommyDee
06-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Problem is that the hot tip is paused while touching the end of the layer before continuing.
This causes overhangs, although perfectly reasonable, to curl when printing commences.
On the Marvin Loop, it is this constant heat just destroys it. You cannot get enough air on it.
Dwell time is the right term. One day I'll catch it on high speed video for each protocol.

MegaloDon
06-25-2017, 09:44 AM
I think increasing the fan speed and raising the z height with a slight pause would help. The problem with that is you would have to use math (if using your mod for Cube Print) to add to the current height and then lower it back down.

Mythandar
06-25-2017, 02:35 PM
I think increasing the fan speed and raising the z height with a slight pause would help. The problem with that is you would have to use math (if using your mod for Cube Print) to add to the current height and then lower it back down.

Something easy, like fan speed, I'll play around with. But anything complicated that can be easily done in s3d I'm not going to spend time on.

TommyDee
06-25-2017, 04:25 PM
Just need to compare the ABS file between 3D Builder and Cubify and see what the difference is.
It really is that simple to understand the different characteristic. Guessing at it won't do anything.

We keep assuming and talking over a very simple fact...

3DS Marvin vs. 3DB Marvin

The only way I know to extract the 3DB file is to go into the cube.

Don't one of you EE/SW Gurus have a way to trap that file from the USB pipeline while 3DB is sending the file?

Both encoding processes are by 3DS. The driver is 3DS. The slicer is 3DS.

On a conspiracy level, I am going to suggest they actually crippled the Cube 3 to favor their Cube/Pro.
And they left the key right here on the porch for us to find.
That is why I asked Mythandar to look into it a little more, Don.
I already know your assumptions. I'm suggesting you are wrong.

MegaloDon
06-25-2017, 06:47 PM
That is why I asked Mythandar to look into it a little more, Don.
I already know your assumptions. I'm suggesting you are wrong.
Assumptions?? Wrong about what?

Ardoneye
06-26-2017, 12:27 AM
Has anyone tried printing PETG in conjunction with the temperature modifier?

Mythandar
06-26-2017, 12:43 AM
Has anyone tried printing PETG in conjunction with the temperature modifier?

MegaloDon has. Here's the post http://www.print3dforum.com/showthread.php/1002-Cube-Print-Temperature-Modifier-*beta*?p=41793&viewfull=1#post41793

Ardoneye
06-26-2017, 06:03 PM
MegaloDon has. Here's the post http://www.print3dforum.com/showthread.php/1002-Cube-Print-Temperature-Modifier-*beta*?p=41793&viewfull=1#post41793

Cheers Mythandar, If this print PETG surely we can partially redesign the print head to accommodate the proprietary nozzle and the push-to-connect fittings for the custom hot end without modifying the stock head?

TommyDee
06-26-2017, 06:59 PM
The heat that gets to the nozzle housing is not too bad. We can reprint a housing to do what we want.
Getting a good solid part, now that is the challenge which will require more than Cubify for the Cube 3.

MegaloDon
06-26-2017, 10:56 PM
The heat that gets to the nozzle housing is not too bad.
ABS requires more heat than PETG. Are you saying the fan cools the metal where the plastic contacts it enough to not melt it when printing ABS? Or are you referring to only printing in PLA? I don't have a way to check the temp myself.

TommyDee
06-27-2017, 12:59 AM
The push-nut is very well isolated from the heat source.
This is the part that is most at risk due to the spring (which is still needed).
The fact that the push-nut has so little common contact with the metal tube makes it a very poor thermal conductor... which is good for us.
Clearance to the stainless steel tube should be maintained.
What adds heat to the tube is the heat of the filament being withdrawn on the pull-back.
Even that is well insulated with Teflon tubing.

There is a fan venting the region. I have no idea of the temperature gradients within the housing or along the metal tube.

bolsoncerrado
07-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Damn! I just lost the .cube3 file to "load" filament from our Free HUBs? Anyone seen it?

MegaloDon
07-11-2017, 12:57 AM
I just linked it separately here:

http://www.print3dforum.com/showthread.php/1014-Cube-3-Extruder-Hub-V2-FTF-(Free-The-Filament)?p=41754&viewfull=1#post41754

Download the Load Filament files here >>> 2236

bolsoncerrado
07-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Ty D!

EarthQuaker
07-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Doesn´t Work. Doen´t create a Folder :/

Mythandar
07-19-2017, 04:45 PM
Doesn´t Work. Doen´t create a Folder :/

It may not be finding the directory necessary automatically, try finding where the \cubify\PrintFiles directory is located on your pc and use the set cubify directory button and set it to where you found it. For me it always installed it to c:\users"username"\appdata\loca\cubify\PrintFiles . Obviously, "username" will be whatever your username is in windows. It only looks automatically on the C: drive, so if yours is installed on another drive then you will have to set it manually to the necessary directory.

EarthQuaker
07-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Thanks,

but:
2256 2257

:/

File Exists, but won´t

MegaloDon
07-19-2017, 10:23 PM
It should be "C:\users" and yours is at "C:\Benutzer".

- - - - - - - - - -

Mythandar,

If you make the default Cubify directory "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Cubify\PrintFiles" it should find it regardless of drive or language.

EarthQuaker
07-19-2017, 10:23 PM
Sorry, fully pfad are :

I'am using German System.

Default Pfad:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Cubify\PrintFiles

MegaloDon
07-19-2017, 10:43 PM
I think the problem is your save directory. I just tried it using "Desktop" same as you and got the same error. Also, Cube Print did not give the "Print file generation failed" warning, which it should. I tried creating another directory on the desktop and pointing it to there and it works as expected.

Mythandar
07-20-2017, 02:46 AM
I was worried about someone using a non-english version of windows cause I wasn't sure what would break. To do what is needed, I had to define the full directory, and it was easier to tell it where it was likely to be instead of get where it is. I know exactly what I need to do, but I'm on vacation right now so won't be able to get to it until some time next week.

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the info Earthquaker

EarthQuaker
07-20-2017, 06:31 AM
I think the problem is your save directory. I just tried it using "Desktop" same as you and got the same error. Also, Cube Print did not give the "Print file generation failed" warning, which it should. I tried creating another directory on the desktop and pointing it to there and it works as expected.

a Other direction Ex. "D:\ od D:\Test" doesn´t work too.

----------------------

Thanks @ Mythandar (http://www.print3dforum.com/member.php/1681-Mythandar)

Mythandar
07-23-2017, 08:23 AM
New version available. The only thing I changed is how the cubify/printfiles dialog box is automatically populated. It "should" work better. One thing you can do that was always available is you can click on "set cubify directory" and you'll get a dialog box to set your cubify directory. I did have it set so that if the directory it was looking for isn't available when the program loads, then it should have said "Point me at Cubify's PrintFiles Directory".

- - - - - - - - - -

Had some time to add some other features that may be useful. One is the ability to open a .cube3 that has been captured with this program already, and modify it. Now you don't have to go through the time consuming steps every time if you have a file you want to test using different settings.

Also added the ability to adjust the retraction settings. They are a % of the default cubePrint settings, ranging from 120%, down to 0%.

sadist
08-13-2017, 03:37 PM
hi all

I have orginal 3d system Pla plastic exstruid is ok . purge printing

buy other pla plastic not exstuide . purge not printing (parameter http://rcl.lt/index.php?id=2&lang=lt&acc=show&term=3d+print&pcode=ICPLA175PLA/B&pmode=)

I tried program cube 3d modifier 2.0 change parameters to 210c But nothing changes, but plastic does not fit in anyway

pllzzz help i beginer :) first fillaments

TommyDee
08-13-2017, 06:24 PM
I have one filament that is too hard to properly feed. You can hear the straining in the driver. This filament required a modified driver to relieve some of the trouble.

This is a rare occurrence but the second time I ran into this was with glow in the dark blue filament.

The other problem could well be the stock cartridge tubing. Some of the cartridges had too much heat applied when the nylon was put over the Teflon tube.
These cartridges will always be suspect. One way to test this is to take a piece of filament that has gone through the drivers and see how much restriction there is in the tubing by taking apart the cartridge and manually feeding the driven filament through the tube. If it gets difficult r restrictive, this means the tube is the problem.

This problem gets worse when the filament is pumped back and forth for a lot of fill or some other operation. The filament is driven back and forth and becomes flatter... and wider. This is when the failure really stands out. honeycomb fill often causes this very problem.

A filament too soft can also cause the ladder issue. I've seen Inland filament flatten quite significantly.

MegaloDon
08-15-2017, 06:39 AM
Mythandar,

I find that my Inland ABS works better with the first layer at 260° (sticks to the build plate better) and the rest at 250°. I manually edited the BFB after using your tool to change the first layer. Any chance you can add the ability to change first layer and the rest for ABS like it is for PLA?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, for retraction...
I'm just guessing here, but I think P and S might be prime and suck (based on g-code) and G and F are the speed (not sure about the order). If so, Prime and Suck should always be the same. The speed however can differ.

sadist
08-17-2017, 12:24 PM
hi
tried program cube 3d modifier 2.0 change parameters temp and wacth how pla plastic Fly up ???

pla plastic change temp max ????

bolsoncerrado
08-17-2017, 10:19 PM
PLA max temp is 210... 220 is risky. More is a no-go for regular printing.

Mythandar
08-19-2017, 05:58 AM
Mythandar,

I find that my Inland ABS works better with the first layer at 260° (sticks to the build plate better) and the rest at 250°. I manually edited the BFB after using your tool to change the first layer. Any chance you can add the ability to change first layer and the rest for ABS like it is for PLA?

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, for retraction...
I'm just guessing here, but I think P and S might be prime and suck (based on g-code) and G and F are the speed (not sure about the order). If so, Prime and Suck should always be the same. The speed however can differ.

Don, can you verify for me that the line "#Vector T22" is always in your .bfb's between the first and second layers. I'm assuming you are adding in a line with the temp change for the second layer. I'm just trying to find something that's a constant in all .bfb's between the first and second layer. The "#Vector T22" line is what I get in mine and will be easy to work with. I'm sure yours will have it but want to verify from an outside source. Thx.

MegaloDon
08-19-2017, 06:37 AM
Don, can you verify for me that the line "#Vector T22" is always in your .bfb's between the first and second layers. I'm assuming you are adding in a line with the temp change for the second layer. I'm just trying to find something that's a constant in all .bfb's between the first and second layer. The "#Vector T22" line is what I get in mine and will be easy to work with. I'm sure yours will have it but want to verify from an outside source. Thx.

Yes, it seems to be between all the layers. I didn't add a line. I used your tool to change the temp to 240 (I found 240 works much better than 250). Then I searched for M104 (left side). The first instance was always "M104 S210 P1" whether it is ABS or PLA. The second instance is "M104 S240" and the third is "M104 S240 P1". I changed the second and third from 240 to 260. Both come before the line "^InitComplete" and "#Vector T22" is the next line after "^InitComplete".

So basically, I am setting the temp to 260 before the first layer, and the rest were set by your tool to 240.

Mythandar
08-19-2017, 06:54 AM
Yes, it seems to be between all the layers. I didn't add a line. I used your tool to change the temp to 240 (I found 240 works much better than 250). Then I searched for M104 (left side). The first instance was always "M104 S210 P1" whether it is ABS or PLA. The second instance is "M104 S240" and the third is "M104 S240 P1". I changed the second and third from 240 to 260. Both come before the line "^InitComplete" and "#Vector T22" is the next line after "^InitComplete".

So basically, I am setting the temp to 260 before the first layer, and the rest were set by your tool to 240.

ok. I can work with this. I'll get it done when I have time.

MegaloDon
08-19-2017, 07:46 AM
ok. I can work with this. I'll get it done when I have time.

No hurry. Thanks man!

towyuan
09-02-2017, 04:46 AM
Everything looks good until click "Encode" button.

treasure_chest.cube3 exists in D:\temp, no treasure_chest.bfb file in D:\temp after "Convert", but the log shows "treasure_chest.bfb extracted".

MegaloDon
09-02-2017, 05:04 AM
treasure_chest.cube3 exists in D:\temp, no treasure_chest.bfb file in D:\temp after "Convert", but the log shows "treasure_chest.bfb extracted".

The .cube3 file has to have been created with this same tool to begin with. If it was created with Cube Print software, you can't extract it to .bfb.

Mythandar
09-02-2017, 05:45 AM
Try doing everything on c: and see if the same issues happen.

towyuan
09-02-2017, 06:43 AM
The .cube3 file has to have been created with this same tool to begin with. If it was created with Cube Print software, you can't extract it to .bfb.

Yes. The .cube3 file is created by Cube Print software. So should I just Create -> [Cube Print software build and save to file] -> Copy file -> Convert (?) -> change temp and skip Encode?
And can we check that the changes are successful?

Try doing everything on c: and see if the same issues happen.

I have tested using C:\ directory. Got the same result.

Mythandar
09-03-2017, 06:55 AM
Yes. The .cube3 file is created by Cube Print software. So should I just Create -> [Cube Print software build and save to file] -> Copy file -> Convert (?) -> change temp and skip Encode?
And can we check that the changes are successful?

I have tested using C:\ directory. Got the same result.

I never had it really check to see if some of the steps completed successfully. On my system it always worked the way I wanted so I didn't put in many checks. If it encountered an error trying to convert to .bfb it'd just keep on going without letting the user know.

Try running the program with administrator rights and see if that works.

towyuan
09-04-2017, 02:37 AM
I never had it really check to see if some of the steps completed successfully. On my system it always worked the way I wanted so I didn't put in many checks. If it encountered an error trying to convert to .bfb it'd just keep on going without letting the user know.

Try running the program with administrator rights and see if that works.

I have tried run as administrator. Got the same error. Should there be .bfb file in save directory after converting? Can you add some checks when converting?

- - - - - - - - - -

By the way, I 'm running Windows 10 in a VM on a Mac. I have tried both Windows 10 and Windows 7 in both VMware Fusion and Parallels on my Macbook Pro.

Mythandar
09-04-2017, 03:12 AM
I have tried run as administrator. Got the same error. Should there be .bfb file in save directory after converting? Can you add some checks when converting?

- - - - - - - - - -

By the way, I 'm running Windows 10 in a VM on a Mac. I have tried both Windows 10 and Windows 7 in both VMware Fusion and Parallels on my Macbook Pro.

That might have something to do with it. You can try and make sure that .net 4.6.2 is installed in your virtual machine.

Yes, there should be a .bfb in the save directory after you hit convert. What happens when you hit convert is it runs a console program in the background which does the decoding of the .cube3 into a .bfb. It's actually just running the decoding program we've had access to already, but I tried to make it all into one neat package (sorta neat, my layout sux)

To help troubleshoot the issue, you can grab the decoding program at https://github.com/Mythandar/cube-utils/releases/download/1.0/Cube-Decoder-Mythandar.zip and put the 32 bit version in the same directory as your .cube3 file. then just run it using "cube-decoder32 <name of file to decode> <filename you want the .bfb called>" You have to put the .bfb at the end of the file that your making, it doesn't do it automatically.

Depending on your results with trying that, will determine where we go from there.

towyuan
09-04-2017, 05:40 AM
That might have something to do with it. You can try and make sure that .net 4.6.2 is installed in your virtual machine.

Yes, there should be a .bfb in the save directory after you hit convert. What happens when you hit convert is it runs a console program in the background which does the decoding of the .cube3 into a .bfb. It's actually just running the decoding program we've had access to already, but I tried to make it all into one neat package (sorta neat, my layout sux)

To help troubleshoot the issue, you can grab the decoding program at https://github.com/Mythandar/cube-utils/releases/download/1.0/Cube-Decoder-Mythandar.zip and put the 32 bit version in the same directory as your .cube3 file. then just run it using "cube-decoder32 <name of file to decode> <filename you want the .bfb called>" You have to put the .bfb at the end of the file that your making, it doesn't do it automatically.

Depending on your results with trying that, will determine where we go from there.

Yes. When run cube-decoder32.exe, it throws "vcruntime140.dll missing" error dialog. After install "VC_redist.x86" from microsoft, It works. "bfb" file generated and all works fine.

Thank @Mythandar and @MegaloDon for your advices and all help.

Mythandar
09-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Yes. When run cube-decoder32.exe, it throws "vcruntime140.dll missing" error dialog. After install "VC_redist.x86" from microsoft, It works. "bfb" file generated and all works fine.

Thank @Mythandar and @MegaloDon for your advices and all help.

Thanks for the good info. I added version 0.3 that displays an error code if the .bfb isn't created.

towyuan
09-04-2017, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the good info. I added version 0.3 that displays an error code if the .bfb isn't created.

It's great!:D

dwhttnbrg
09-04-2017, 10:21 PM
I have some PLA that is really soft, If I run it at 210, it prints for awhile, then seems to bind a bit, and the drive strips it, and it quits feeding. Used 2.0 to modify it. I left the first layer at 210, and made the rest 214, and it seems to be working perfectly.

josephchanhk
10-07-2017, 03:57 AM
Hi,
Please help. I Open a cube3D file and then try to change the temperature.
After finish I open the convert file in my 3D printer. But it show error in the printer.

MegaloDon
10-07-2017, 04:19 AM
Hi,
Please help. I Open a cube3D file and then try to change the temperature.
After finish I open the convert file in my 3D printer. But it show error in the printer.

Did you copy the file to a flash drive and put it in the printer, or did you try to open it with Cube Print software?

josephchanhk
10-07-2017, 08:11 AM
I copy the file to Flash drive and put it in the printer

- - - - - - - - - -

May I know for windows 10 where is the "Cubify directory"?

- - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, May I know when I use "Open a cube3D file" function. Is it mean this file can be create by CubePrint software or need the file convert by modifier tool before.

Mythandar
10-10-2017, 03:26 AM
You should end up with a .cube3 that's the name of your file with -modified added into the name, that's the one that you put on your flash drive.

You use the "open cube3d file" when you've already captured a .cube3 file from cubePrint and you want to modify the temp on it again, this way you don't need to re-capture it from cubePrint.

In the english version of windows that I have, the cubify directory is at c:\users\*username*\AppData\Local\Cubify\PrintFile s

Sergiooi
10-29-2017, 04:30 AM
Thanx and good work. I just got a cube 3 and tryed it and worked. Does anyone knows if there is a way to put a different nozzle on it instead of buying a new expansive cube3 cartridge only for the nozzle. Thanx

ztoddman1
10-29-2017, 11:47 AM
different nozzles has been designed by Megalodon and TommyDee but you will need to get the spring, hotend, and locknut from an existing cartridge. Currently running one of each and both work great with decent filament.

Programeitor3d
11-01-2017, 12:13 AM
I'm trying to change the temperature of a file, but I can not ...
it always gives me error when copying it ... I have windows 10 ...

Is it not possible to do all the steps in any external usb folder instead of the windows folders?

Mythandar
11-01-2017, 04:26 AM
It looks like you've set your save directory to the cubify directory. Don't do that. Change your save directory.

Programeitor3d
11-01-2017, 09:38 AM
If it was one of the tests, because everywhere I get that error ..
I think it's the permissions of win10 .. Can not take the created file and put it in the usb and convert from the usb?

- - - - - - - - - -

I tried it in many ways but it never works! can not find the file ... I think it's because of the permissions of windows10 ... I also try it from the usb but can not find the file ...
Could it be made simpler, load file and extract?

MegaloDon
11-01-2017, 09:32 PM
I think it's because of the permissions of windows10

I have Windows 10 and have no issues.

Mythandar
11-02-2017, 04:38 AM
If it was one of the tests, because everywhere I get that error ..
I think it's the permissions of win10 .. Can not take the created file and put it in the usb and convert from the usb?

- - - - - - - - - -

I tried it in many ways but it never works! can not find the file ... I think it's because of the permissions of windows10 ... I also try it from the usb but can not find the file ...
Could it be made simpler, load file and extract?

Are you changing the cubify directory? The first post with a picture had the right cubify directory, but you were making your save directory the same as the cubify directory. Now your making the cubify directory the same as your Save directory. make sure the cubify directory points where it needs, which should be done by default, then just pick a folder to save to. your save directory can be on a usb.

Programeitor3d
11-02-2017, 10:08 AM
I get it!! my mistake was not wait for the cubeprint file error!
After installing Visual c ++ x86, even though my system is 64, everything works ... I'm looking forward to trying the printing on the different materials I have to try ..

I have bought a sample box of all the materials and I want to try them, start with the Nylon strong and it is the hardest and most resistant material I have ever tried.

http://smartmaterials3d.com/es/smartfil-especiales/30-muestras-especialidades.html

3dline
03-16-2018, 12:14 AM
I need help with the retraction, and tempreaturas, in pieces greater than 3 hours the cap is covered.
tnks
I need help with the retraction, and tempreaturas, in pieces greater than 3 hours the cap is covered

tprothma
03-18-2018, 06:21 AM
3dline. What do you mean by the cap? On the printhead there is a nozzle, or do you mean the black cover over the nozzles on the printhead.

What slicer are you using. What filament and printspeed/temperature are you using.

If you want people to stop and help you, you have to try to make it easier for them to help with more details, even pictures can help if you're having trouble finding the correct words.

Tim

KHMusicMan
06-05-2018, 01:59 AM
Is there a tutorial or "how to" on how to use this? I am honestly not sure how to use this app, or what things mean... =/

- - - - - - - - - -

Did you copy the file to a flash drive and put it in the printer, or did you try to open it with Cube Print software?

Hello, I am really excited about this temperature modifier, and would love to use it. I would be willing to make a YouTube video of how to use it... but I actually don't know how to use it myself... Is there a guide or maybe even video that explains what to do??

Let me know please...

- - - - - - - - - -

Hi,

I kinda figured out what to do... However, I always get "File not found" error when I press copy. I did notice however, if I just ignore it, the modified file will show up. Can I use this file, or will mess up my printer/print?

New version available. The only thing I changed is how the cubify/printfiles dialog box is automatically populated. It "should" work better. One thing you can do that was always available is you can click on "set cubify directory" and you'll get a dialog box to set your cubify directory. I did have it set so that if the directory it was looking for isn't available when the program loads, then it should have said "Point me at Cubify's PrintFiles Directory".

- - - - - - - - - -

Had some time to add some other features that may be useful. One is the ability to open a .cube3 that has been captured with this program already, and modify it. Now you don't have to go through the time consuming steps every time if you have a file you want to test using different settings.

Also added the ability to adjust the retraction settings. They are a % of the default cubePrint settings, ranging from 120%, down to 0%.

TommyDee
06-05-2018, 06:11 AM
Your Cube 3 application is a real time monitor of temperature when the Cube is selected.

KHMusicMan
06-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Real Time?

I must be doing something wrong... Damn. I really dont know what I'm doing then.

https://youtu.be/n2qr1gQb1gA

1) I import the print ".Cube3 " file
2) select a save file on my desktop
2) set the cubifiy directory as anohter folder on my desktop
3) select temperature
4) Click through all the steps (STEP 2 always says "no file found")
5) Then when I import the file into the cube software, and try to print, it says "Bad File".

This is as far as I got...
I really want to use this app, but I don't I am using it correctly.

Can someone help?

Your Cube 3 application is a real time monitor of temperature when the Cube is selected.

- - - - - - - - - -

You might want to increase the video quality to 780, for some reason its a bit blurry.

jhonspikeder
06-05-2018, 04:43 PM
if someone can help me I have a problem I try to print with two materials at the same time with infinity rinse as supports and Pla, the problem is that the change of color between layers is eternal and in doing this each layer of melts the other and remains horrible, some way to change the color change times

KHMusicMan
06-05-2018, 05:42 PM
lower the temp?

jhonspikeder
06-05-2018, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure but maybe that has to do I'm using Pla inland

TommyDee
06-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Real Time?

<snip>

yep, real time. When a printer is active, you can read some of its status using the information button in the upper left hand of the Cubify App.

I say "Cubify app"... I have no idea what to actually call the default Cube3 app.

- - - - - - - - - -

I'm not sure but maybe that has to do I'm using Pla inland

Inland PLA is fairly straight forward. I had not seen any special requirements for their filament.

jhonspikeder
06-05-2018, 08:32 PM
218 Pla and 198 infinity rinse

JohnTee
06-05-2018, 09:05 PM
I say "Cubify app"... I have no idea what to actually call the default Cube3 app.

- - - - - - - -

(LOL) I can think of several things to call it... but They call it "Cube Print 4.03". :D

TommyDee
06-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Aha... yes they do!

JohnTee
06-05-2018, 09:55 PM
I get it!! my mistake was not wait for the cubeprint file error!
<snip>l (http://smartmaterials3d.com/es/smartfil-especiales/30-muestras-especialidades.html)

Mythandar!! Help! Help!
I vaguely remember the 'cubeprint file error' reference an eon ago when I read your instructions... but my memory only lasts about a week now.

The first post in this thread says
---------------------
Cube Print Temperature Modifier *beta*
This info being moved.
--------------------------

Where did it move to?? Some of us (MHMusicMan - thinking of you, too) need the instructions!

TIA...

KHMusicMan
06-06-2018, 03:45 AM
I did everything correctly.. here is another video of me doing it.....

https://youtu.be/RnU87hc1EiQ

It should be "C:\users" and yours is at "C:\Benutzer".

- - - - - - - - - -

Mythandar,

If you make the default Cubify directory "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Cubify\PrintFiles" it should find it regardless of drive or language.

TommyDee
06-06-2018, 04:00 AM
Is this what they mean by "data-mining"? :p

Its a black box, MM. Or is that a hint!?

KHMusicMan
06-06-2018, 05:04 AM
Thanks JT

I hope he gets back to us soon. I really don't know what to do, or what it is that I'm doing wrong....

Mythandar!! Help! Help!
I vaguely remember the 'cubeprint file error' reference an eon ago when I read your instructions... but my memory only lasts about a week now.

The first post in this thread says
---------------------
Cube Print Temperature Modifier *beta*
This info being moved.
--------------------------

Where did it move to?? Some of us (MHMusicMan - thinking of you, too) need the instructions!

TIA...

TommyDee
06-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Try importing back into Cube 4.03 app. It may error but that may be the trick. I remember something to this effect at one time.

KHMusicMan
06-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Black box? Data mining...? lol I'm not too sure what you saw, but I dont do any of that..

Try importing back into Cube 4.03 app. It may error but that may be the trick. I remember something to this effect at one time.

TommyDee
06-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Yea, your videos are black boxes, not video...

Data-mining > searching for old relevant posts.

- - - - - - - - - -

aha, there's the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnU87hc1EiQ

For some reason, this the link does not initiate a video in W7/IE.

KHMusicMan
06-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Black Boxes?? I think you need to update your online video player.. It works on every computer i try. They are videos.

It's probably just your computer.

Yea, your videos are black boxes, not video...

Data-mining > searching for old relevant posts.

- - - - - - - - - -

aha, there's the link...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnU87hc1EiQ&feature=youtu.be

For some reason, this the link does not initiate a video in W7/IE.

TommyDee
06-06-2018, 04:39 PM
It use to work fine in the forum. Works fine on YouTube. Go figure.

Yes, EVERYTHING is telling me IE is out of date.

KHMusicMan
06-06-2018, 06:08 PM
LOL, its okay, I wont tell anyone...

BTW, did you see anything unusual/incorrect with what i was doing?

It use to work fine in the forum. Works fine on YouTube. Go figure.

Yes, EVERYTHING is telling me IE is out of date.

TommyDee
06-06-2018, 08:58 PM
I've never got any of the converters to work save one. And that only decodes the .cube3 file.

What I really lack at the moment is a re-coder! I know, encoder... but for me, it would be a recoder.

KHMusicMan
06-08-2018, 02:56 AM
I was not sure what I was doing wrong, but Mythandar helped me.

Here's a little video I made to help. I'm more of a visual guy, so I hope this would help someone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imqTabQ1yOY

TommyDee
06-08-2018, 03:16 AM
Clear As Mud! :) Nice work! The visuals help a great deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Funny how I didn't remember that simple little routine.

KHMusicMan
06-08-2018, 03:44 AM
Lol, clear as mud? Damn I guess I didn't do so hot.. lol

But you're welcome.

TommyDee
06-08-2018, 03:59 AM
Oh no, you did perfect! If someone wants to know what to do, they can figure it out now.

JohnTee
06-09-2018, 03:57 AM
Yep - TD is right. Even I got it to work, thanks to your demo!!
Thanks for sharing, KHmm