PDA

View Full Version : Repetier/Slic3r User Questions

Justin Keller
01-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Hi,
I've been working with Repetier and Slic3r and would like to know if anyone has figured out the following,
1. Is there an override g code for moving the z axis below 0 in manual mode? (for calibration purposes)
2. How to prevent oozing from messing up the print? (beyond just trying to time it right to remove it before it hits the bed)

Thanks,
Justin

Justin Keller
01-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Any other tips in repetier are welcome as well.

Justin Keller
01-06-2015, 11:38 PM
Going to the manual adjustment right after I select print allows me to raise the the x axis from the starting default 5mm to get somewhere in the around of 15. Which helps to catch the filament but now I am having an issue that the filament that oozes out is not replaced fast enough to put down a good layer for about 4-5 inches. So a brim helps but I would rather prime the the extruder before the nozzle hits the bed any way to do this? I was wondering if its not somewhere in the settings if I could insert a script into the gcode to do this?

sm0orb
01-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Is possible to do with gcodes. I have seen this in an example start script but don't remember to what software. I have looked at repetier for win 1.0.6 so it may be one of the defaults for their slicers, may also be read from some picture or web document. There is a complete description of all gcodes on the web, with lots of comments. Actually so rich so i like a shorthand version (haven't found it yet)

Joao
01-07-2015, 10:32 PM
I did a similar change but on Cura. I also added a bit more space below the head while heating, to clean it up properly.

I use this sheet list: https://thingiverse-production.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/87/b0/2c/f5/4c/CheatSheet.pdf

sm0orb
01-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Anyone else think there are too much influence from gaming here ? :eek: CheetSheet ! ;) I have been searching for a quick reference guide, and here it is ! :)
Thanks a lot Joaohttp://www.print3dforum.com/images/icons/icon14.png

bolsoncerrado
01-08-2015, 08:10 PM
CheatSheet lol what a weird name indeed :D Shortcut Sheet, Quick Reference Sheet... :D

Gshort Sheet
Gquick Sheet

LOL