PDA

View Full Version : NInjaFlex on Rapide Lite

bolsoncerrado
02-02-2015, 11:12 AM
1st try has been a failure. Im not even able to load it onto the extruder...

I've tried to totally unscrew the L bracket to freely move the filament towards the inner tube with no luck... and the few times i managed to direct it inside, filament was curling inside the feeder wheels instead of going towards the head :(

My guess is we need some sort of tubing "guide" inside the head for the first manual feeding but I'm not having enough time to try that.

If anyone managed to print with Ninjaflex yet, kindly report back!

Thanks!

Fixx
02-02-2015, 01:08 PM
I'm pasting again:588

I think we can model a part like this and print it. It would be great if we can get a cad model of extuder.

bolsoncerrado
02-02-2015, 02:26 PM
So what, add and remove this part every time you want to print with Ninja?

Skinny Kid
02-02-2015, 02:50 PM
So what, add and remove this part every time you want to print with Ninja? I imagine so, or have multiple extruders on hand to switch out.

The extruder I have won't let you remove the L arm, thus you cannot take the cog or feed wheel off. How would you install this?

clayton
02-05-2015, 04:59 AM
Can you fuse a length of solid filament, the length of your guide tube, to the end of the ninjaflex for the purpose of feeding it? Maybe with a warm soldering gun, or with a lighter? Then feed it in and extrude it through.

bolsoncerrado
02-05-2015, 08:11 AM
Not a bad idea at all! Good catch!

Problem is though that once inside the feeder path, the cog wheels tend to make it bend over itself and the filament starts to "escape" from the left side of the extruder lol

I guess the only solution is to cut a long rigid tubing , cut one half of it so the feeder wheel still moves the filament while the bearing wheel is totally loose, and rigid tube keeps the path for the filament and make it stay straight while being pushed downwards....

http://i.imgur.com/HEsHbNV.jpg

makes any sense?

To avoid filament being bent though, the extruding motor may have to extrude slower than with rigid filament.

clayton
02-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Hi Bolson,

Here is my try at a solution.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:670689

It's a printable guid ethat catched the filament immediately after leaving the feed wheels. Cut your white hose by a few mms and use it to get as close as possible to the wheels. I've been printing in flexible TPU for about an hour now and it seems to be working ok.

Also, I suggest drilling a hole in the extruder bracket to get at that annoying screw holding the cover on as you may be taking it apart a few times...

Fixx
02-07-2015, 07:15 AM
That's the part Clayton, thanks for that.

bolsoncerrado
02-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Awesome again clayton!