PDA

View Full Version : New 3D Design software

McCrapShot
04-20-2015, 02:58 PM
So I just figured I'd post this here. I've been playing around with this new 3D design software called OnShape. It's cloud based so it actually runs in your browser. It's reminds me a lot of SolidWorks but a little less robust but also more user friendly. It also has version control baked in which I've found INCREDIBLY useful. Also, it's free. And there's an iPad app that's actually pleasant to use. It's still faster to use a mouse and keyboard, but if you're on the road, or just don't feel like sitting at your desk, it's nice to have.

I don't know if anyone else has heard of it or tried it. One of the drafters where I work told me I should check it out; I didn't know it existed until then. Here's the site:

https://www.onshape.com/

You have to request an invite, but it looks like I can send invites. So PM me if interested in one. I haven't sent one before so I don't know how long it takes or if I have a limit, but we can give it a shot.

Let me know what ya'll think of it.

milstream
04-20-2015, 03:51 PM
This looks very promising and I will definitely give it a try. The modeling kernel is Parasolid which I feel is the best in the Cad/Cam industry.
Thanks for sharing this McCrapShot.