PDA

View Full Version : New Simplify3D version 3.0.0

Joao
07-04-2015, 04:06 PM
If you have the previous version, you can get for free the 3.0.0.
You need to go to http://cloud.simplify3d.com , register, and use your license key.
Then you can download the 3.0.0 .

BobenhamHotspur
07-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Does 200x200x400 mean your XL has arrived?

p.s. Randy (Holgamods) has posted some info/bugs on the Facebook group

bolsoncerrado
07-06-2015, 12:00 PM
I can't get it installed. My installer gets clogged on installing the guide.pdf

If i hit Cancel button, then it seems it concludes but I can't find the icon anywhere in my computer. I tried to reinstall and same stuff. If I leave it waiting, it can stay there forever :(

Joao
07-06-2015, 12:11 PM
I don't have my printer yet :(
I am only piling up my list of things to print and getting everything ready to it's arrival.

My S3D installation went pretty well in my Mac.
It even kept the older version in the Applications folder. I haven't deleted the older version yet, before testing a real print with the new 3.0.0.

bolsoncerrado
07-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Just tried once more, now typing manually the destination folder to be sure it didnt exist, but same results:

http://i.imgur.com/IXxszoo.png

bolsoncerrado
07-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Ah wait!

Now it completed it! :O

bolsoncerrado
07-06-2015, 12:24 PM
WTF!??!

http://i.imgur.com/eSSJKx4.png

bolsoncerrado
07-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Well at least the app works, apparently. And although it won't let me log into the cloud thru the app, i can log into the cloud thru the web browser without any issues, go figure... :/

Joao
07-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Do you have a different PDF reader than the original Preview?

I remember now that I also had an issue, I did not check the 'Do you want to open the Quick Start Guide after installation?', but it opened it anyway.
Not a big deal, but it resonates that there are bugs in the installer.

My cloud login worked directly from the software. I'm not sure what it will do (besides taking all my personal information and software usage ;)
I'd suggest that you post something in the S3D forum.

bolsoncerrado
07-07-2015, 09:24 AM
I found out the software login is tied to the FORUM login on their site, which is DIFFERENT than the DASHBOARD login on their new 3.0 account. A mess if you ask me. At least for not the computer savy users...

And yes, i use Acrobat PDF reader rather than the Mac preview for PDFs... Also, with Cura updated to 3.0 and Repetier Host updated, and Sl1c3r just updated too, all it seems like they wanted to release "something" even if it contained bugs... "no matter what". Lol

Joao
07-07-2015, 09:37 AM
I am not sure about that "rush" to release "something", since they didn't charge anything to who already own the older version.
The fact that they didn't publicised it might be also a suggestion that they are aware of the bugs and are trying to fix them.

Releasing a software, even if an upgrade (and this looks like a lot of changes), specially to Windows + Mac + Linux at the same time, is not an easy thing...
I am not excusing them, I am just understanding :)

bolsoncerrado
07-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Well they want to win new customers, thats for sure, and they were lacking very basic features the new v3 comes with, like the Undo feature, the more people talking of them at the time competitors are trying to voice their own software, the better... ie the more choices at the same time, the better.