Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    By checking measurements, seems like your hub holder is slightly "uncentered", perhaps these few milimeters or micrometers are creating too much stress to your shaft...
    Which part and what way is it uncentered?

Post Thanks / Like
    The 4 screws are attaching a bit off of where they should be, hence you're stressing the shaft. It's really hard to explain other than just take your measurements again...

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    By checking measurements, seems like your hub holder is slightly "uncentered", perhaps these few milimeters or micrometers are creating too much stress to your shaft...
    Thank you. Yes, the clips on the clamp were off up and down by 0.15 mm, which I have corrected. I don't think this was the problem though because they already had about 0.3 mm play in them. However, the top and bottom guides were a tight fit vertically, which they didn't need to be. They only need to insure no side to side movement so it won't twist. This may have caused it to push up or down (depending on which was the tighter fit). I have corrected this also.

I updated the files on the first post.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...DVIZXlpVHQtUTg

- - - - - - - - - -

Updated the Load Filament files on the first page. The print head wasn't centered over the purge bin.

- - - - - - - - - -

Posted on Thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2583398
    Last edited by MegaloDon; 07-17-2017 at 04:09 AM.

4. Thanks Fuganater thanked for this post
    Likes bolsoncerrado, Fuganater liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting it. I'll print it out this weekend and give it a shot.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Thanks for posting it. I'll print it out this weekend and give it a shot.
    How did your other one come out?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_0524[1].jpg

Not bad. I have not tried it out yet though. I only have 2 chips and they are still on the modded cartridges... I need some more chips!!

- - - - - - - - - -

Printed all the parts in 1 go. It took just over 6 hours on my Cube3. Now to put it together.

IMG_0525.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Went together easy enough. I would suggest making the holes in the Mount Plate smaller since almost everyone has M3 laying around which is what I used. They work well enough.

+1 for awesome built in support.

Now I just need to take a chip off one of my cartridges to test it out. Hopefully this weekend I'll have time.

IMG_0526.jpgIMG_0527.jpg
    Last edited by Fuganater; 10-14-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    I would suggest making the holes in the Mount Plate smaller since almost everyone has M3 laying around
    The holes are 2.6 mm, but of course the measurements after printing can vary. The screws I am using measure 2.89 mm at the outside of the thread. I originally had the hole size smaller but it was very difficult to put the screws in. I can make a smaller hole size if you can tell me what size would fit better with M3.
    Last edited by MegaloDon; 10-15-2017 at 05:35 AM.

9. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    Likes bolsoncerrado, urzu7 liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't get chip holder to fit

Hi,

I printed the cube3 version of the chip holder but can't get the post in to the hole (that sounds inappropriate). The post appears to wide. I can't even get past the flat portion of the post. Printed in PLA. I didn't want to force it. Any thoughts. Also the fitting filament hole seems too tight. I can push filament through but it sticks. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks
    Last edited by nykr95; 10-28-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typos

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nykr95 View Post
    Hi,

I printed the cube3 version of the chip holder but can't get the post in to the hole (that sounds inappropriate). The post appears to wide. I can't even get past the flat portion of the post. Printed in PLA. I didn't want to force it. Any thoughts. Also the fitting filament hole seems too tight. I can push filament through but it sticks. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks
    Pics?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nykr95 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    There are a lot of factors that can contribute to tolerances when printing these parts. If I make the post smaller, it may be too small for some people and cause a sloppy fit (no pun intended). The easiest solution is to just sand or file the post until it fits properly.

As far as the filament hole, this is unavoidable due to the orientation of the print. Since the hole is printed sideways, you will get some "drooping" when it prints. You just need to run a 3 mm drill bit through it to clean out the hole. I had to do this as well.