Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok that makes sense. I haven't modifed the hotend yet. So I can't just cut it. I would need to remove the Hub and then cut it, heat with match and pull or Heat with purge. pull the hub, cut and pull.

- - - - - - - - - -

Separate question - what are the semi circle metal inserts used for in the original cartridges. How come they are not necessary when we use the hubs?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nykr95 View Post
    Separate question - what are the semi circle metal inserts used for in the original cartridges. How come they are not necessary when we use the hubs?
    There was a long discussion about that elsewhere in this forum. I can't remember where though. Anybody remember what thread that was in?

- - - - - - - - - -

I added a M6 fitting and all the files are posted on Thingiverse.

- - - - - - - - - -

Is anyone here good at making step by step instructions? I really suck at it. If someone is willing to do this, please PM me. I don't mind editing the instructions. I just find it hard to structure it to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Theyre metal pieces that get "magnetized" and help keeping the cart in place (the original ones, of course).
    I guess it also helps any movement does not obstruct or put pressure on the filament being pushed.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    nykr95,

I added a M6 fitting to the print head too.
    http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post42476

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thx a lot for your hack share. For you create the "Load_Filament_PLA_Left.bfb", May I know how to remove the Filament? Do you create a print file to remove the filament?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josephchanhk View Post
    May I know how to remove the Filament? Do you create a print file to remove the filament?
    http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post42955

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any issues with heat build up on the hobb gear when printing at 70nm I wonder if a fan could be added.....?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zugok View Post
    Any issues with heat build up on the hobb gear when printing at 70nm I wonder if a fan could be added.....?
    No and there is already a fan on the extruder motor. Based on your other post, I'd say your tubing has too small of an inside diameter and is restricting there.

This is what I ordered for mine and it works quite well:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2mm-x-4mm-P...EAAOSw409Z0tMo