Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Alternate source for fittings

Been following this thread. Great contribution Mega-Don. Love the BFB code! Alternate source for fittings:https://www.kamanfluidpower.com/depa.../#.Wjl0e3lG31I Located and made in USA. Similar prices to EBay. Free shipping during Dec. Got my order in two days. G70

2. Likes tprothma liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Printed all the parts and assembled this. It clips in fine. But the right side of the clamp pops out at the slightest touch.
    I tried the hair dryer and bend it out. But it seems like the clamp is to far to the left or the right side tip is just not holding and slips off easily.

thoughts or suggestions?

I am considering putting a magnet in the Mountplate part on the right side to see if that helps.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie730 View Post
    Printed all the parts and assembled this. It clips in fine. But the right side of the clamp pops out at the slightest touch.
    I tried the hair dryer and bend it out. But it seems like the clamp is to far to the left or the right side tip is just not holding and slips off easily.

thoughts or suggestions?

I am considering putting a magnet in the Mountplate part on the right side to see if that helps.
    Got pictures?

5. Thanks anadeau81 thanked for this post
    Likes anadeau81 liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can tonight when I get home.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here is the pics,
    FTF_pic1.jpgFTF_pic2.jpgFTF_pic3.jpg

7. Likes Kiza liked this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure why you are having this problem. Are you using PLA? I printed several of these in PLA and they are still working fine.

Putting a magnet on the right side won't help. There is nothing there for it to stick to. There are 2 electromagnets on the top and bottom of the printer, centered over the drive gear. That is the only good place to put magnets. See Zugok's Hubcap for details.

http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post43293

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    I'm not sure why you are having this problem. Are you using PLA? I printed several of these in PLA and they are still working fine.

Putting a magnet on the right side won't help. There is nothing there for it to stick to. There are 2 electromagnets on the top and bottom of the printer, centered over the drive gear. That is the only good place to put magnets. See Zugok's Hubcap for details.

http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post43293
    Yes printed in PLA. To me seems like the right hand side does not grip around the lip on the inside. If stiffer or wider arrow head (not sure of the names) it would hold better. Just doesn't seem like it wants to grab. The left side grabs very tight and works well. (i did try it disassembled and same thing happened.)

I did look at the Hub print. Not a fan of tapping the gear/mount plate. Like your design better.
    was thinking of adding material to the stl file. on that arrow head or putting a angle on it like the hub has. (if you don't mind me tinkering with the file that is)

any other thoughts?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    was thinking of adding material to the stl file. on that arrow head or putting a angle on it like the hub has. (if you don't mind me tinkering with the file that is)
    Not at all. If you can improve the design somehow, go for it.

I started the whole extruder hub concept and I'm glad to see other people jumping in and improving or creating their own version of it. If you have any other ideas, like better ways to do the supports, etc. please do so.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    Not at all. If you can improve the design somehow, go for it.

I started the whole extruder hub concept and I'm glad to see other people jumping in and improving or creating their own version of it. If you have any other ideas, like better ways to do the supports, etc. please do so.
    I will do my best. I can do CAD. But this modeling is newer to me.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished printing. Seems blue is a popular color.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B65...ew?usp=sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking parts