Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    So I ended up scrapping the FTF hub because it doesn't actually clip into the printer. I am now using the DIY one which seems to be working just fine.
    The clip is basically the same design on both models. Are you doing something different between the 2 when printing? I.E. different filament, printed on other than the Cube 3, etc.?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    The two clamps are not even close to the same. Don's is Don's version and the DIY is the original version. VERY DIFFERENT!

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say clamps. I said CLIPS. They both have the same clips as the original cartridges. They pretty much have to be to fit the printer.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    The clip is basically the same design on both models. Are you doing something different between the 2 when printing? I.E. different filament, printed on other than the Cube 3, etc.?
    Same printer, same filament because the DIY one comes in .cube3 files so I can't print them on another printer which is such a waste of time. If I could get the STL's I could do them in 1 go on the FT-5.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't use clips. The clamp is an integral design that has little to do with the stock "clips".

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    There are different ways of doing it. I never take the hub off. I cut the filament just below the hub and then set it to purge. As soon as it starts oozing from the nozzle, I disconnect the tube from the quick connect at the print head and pull it all the way out (pulling the filament out of the nozzle). Be careful you don't let the filament hit the fan! I let it finish the purge which will drive the filament out of the hub. After it says cooling down, you can pull the filament all the way out from the top. Then put the tube back in the fitting.

So the there are only .cube3 files for the Loading, (and none for Unloading)? And you use the method above to unload it?

I ran the "Load_filament_PLA_Left" file and didn't quite understand what was going on... It pauses once, I hit resume, it pauses again, I hit resume, then it runs the extruder forward? At what point do I put the filament into the hub?

Also the nozzle isn't set to a certain temperature? (I don't see code for that in the file...)

Currently I'm doing a purge, then popping off the cart and putting in a screwdriver and to unload/load the filament... which is a hassle but at it's been working for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a hassle....until you feed it with a battery driven screwdriver! hah

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRon View Post
    So the there are only .cube3 files for the Loading, (and none for Unloading)? And you use the method above to unload it?

I ran the "Load_filament_PLA_Left" file and didn't quite understand what was going on... It pauses once, I hit resume, it pauses again, I hit resume, then it runs the extruder forward? At what point do I put the filament into the hub?

Also the nozzle isn't set to a certain temperature? (I don't see code for that in the file...)

Currently I'm doing a purge, then popping off the cart and putting in a screwdriver and to unload/load the filament... which is a hassle but at it's been working for me.
    I couldn't make a print file for unloading because I couldn't figure out how to make it run backwards. Believe me, I tried.

When it pauses, put the filament in before you hit resume. I don't know why it says resume twice. And after you hit resume again, it still says paused, but it continues regardless. Also, there is usually a delay between when you hit resume and when it starts feeding. Sometimes a short delay, sometimes long, and sometimes no delay. It's never consistent. The code seems kind of flaky. It seems like some of the code was never intended to be used in the .bfb file (.cube3) so they never bothered to trouble shoot it.

The nozzle is set to the correct temperature for each filament type. That's why there are separate ones for PLA and ABS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps extracting the "retract" command from a working bfb file?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    Perhaps extracting the "retract" command from a working bfb file?
    Tried that. Doesn't move at all.

11. Likes bolsoncerrado liked this post