Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ever get your problem solved, Wolfie?

2. Likes Wolvie730 liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same issue as Wolfie, but I was able to fix it by sanding down where the four screws go that connect to the metal piece. At first the screw heads weren't flush with the 3d printed part. This reduced the clearance and allowed the snaps to "snap" in place properly.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ken. Great tip

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Did you ever get your problem solved, Wolfie?
    I went in a different direction with it. Instead of the printed parts here is what I did. Works ok, looking at different number of gear teeth. (also had to make a part to fit over the square peg shaft to fit the round hole.)
    Thinking of replacing the extruder motor with a round shaft.

new -20180409_234204.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kendrome View Post
    I had the same issue as Wolfie, but I was able to fix it by sanding down where the four screws go that connect to the metal piece. At first the screw heads weren't flush with the 3d printed part. This reduced the clearance and allowed the snaps to "snap" in place properly.
    Gonna try this as well. see if it helps.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kendrome View Post
    I chamfered the holes, and the gear box sticks out. So that might be a issue too.

6. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Likes Kiza liked this post
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    You want that gear based on 10mm diameter.
    It is just under that, but the real test is how far it comes out when you turn the driver exactly 1 turn:
    answer 27.8mm

The stepper is a standard stepper motor so you should be able to plug-n-play a motor with the different shaft.

8. Likes Wolvie730 liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is just under that, but the real test is how far it comes out when you turn the driver exactly 1 turn:
    answer 27.8mm

The stepper is a standard stepper motor so you should be able to plug-n-play a motor with the different shaft.

I will test that out. Issue I had. I rounded out 2 of the steppers with the gearbox that comes with the cartridge. and the gear inside too. So was trying to find a way to prevent that rounding and make the extrusion not pop so much.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I see.

I'm running the pants of a white machine and that is not something that is causing any issues.
    Some rounding is normal, but the real wear is in the driver gear casting.
    That is made using a sintering method. It becomes the sacrificial pawn in the torque battle.
    Graphite or grease will help but may get messy over time.
    Good alignment helps too. I gave up on putting a lot of weight on the hub. And found a way around it.

And I agree, there are times this printer crunches away... but that is neither good for the machine or the print.
    Your solution is WAY BETTER as in being able to manage tension based on actual filament characteristics instead of defaulting to a suppler filament through a set gap.
    And you've probably read I had to resort to gear tooth modification to deal with particularly hard filaments.
    So no, POWER ON with this concept. Would love to see a "bypass handle". But all metal is the right way to go on the pressure elements!

My two cents

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie730 View Post
    I went in a different direction with it....

new -20180409_234204.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

WOW!

Just WOW!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed Bo, that looks nice!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    answer 27.8mm
    Bummer the gear I got is 11mm and does a 35mm travel.
    Thoughts?