Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCD problem!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy LCD problem!

The display of my cube 3D is in dead, it happened to me one day, but on restart it worked again ... now it does not always work ... someone else has happened?
    WhatsApp Image 2017-08-08 at 17.41.01.jpg

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st time here. Have you gone into the machine to check the wires?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now it's working again ... Maybe it's something related to the temperature, because the temperature of my garage was 35 degrees.
    The touch buttons did work, because I could print blindly by clicking on the blank screen!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my Cube (used) last week and had this very same problem... got really stressed as it was right out of the box! But I thought to myself I could try to flash the firmware (it was already at 1.14B (I have not modified it yet, work in progress)) and it solved the problem! I flashed it with the same version but I guess there were a hiccup some where that got fixed by flashing. So maybe it was memory related, as I have experienced similar symptoms with embedded solutions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and nice solution which often solves many problems, indeed

How much did you pay for yours and where?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you bolsoncerrado!

I payed $300 for it here in Norway. I guess $300 is a lot as I understand you can pick it up from amazon (.com) for $100-150. But, if I were to do that I had to pay import taxes, and the end result would be about $300, a little less. $300 is a good price for that printer here in Norway (used market). In that category there are only cheap plastic frame prusa clones (acrylic frame ones, which breaks upon looking at them).
    Altho discontinued I thing the Cube 3 is a very high quality printer. For less then a year ago the retail price here in Norway was $1500. And I successfully modified it to use other brands of filament because I'm not paying $62+shipping a pop for those cartridges. No wonder Cube 3 never became so popular as other printers. I understand why 3D Systems would want control over the cartridge. A closed container with no dust collection, optimized filament that ensures print quality and so on. But it should have been optional! For those "no fuzz" users. Anyway, a couple of slices with my dremel and I'm feeding the cartridge from another spool. My next upgrade is to remove the cartridge and print out the parts for housing the feeder and chip making it even easier to swap and replace filament.

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were a whole host of failures on the part of 3DS and all its go-hung partners... we know who got hung out to dry this time. But the effort was nobble until the profit motive turned to hand wringing. And the basic assumption falls completely flat. And continues on deaf ears because the DIY community as a whole will eventually give us all what we really want and need. Plus face it, although I believe it to be an engineering marvel, it falls far short on the DOA reliability and overall workmanship is also lacking. You can tell they struggled through product release on the cartridges. and yet, a ton, literally tons of filament has been packaged in sub-par condition where there are serious issues with the cartridge. In my very short list of 4, I can tell you I've had two chip failures, 50% filament failure, and 15% poor quality tubing, up to and including "gunk" that made it's way into the nozzle. Greed lost one in style
    Last edited by TommyDee; 08-10-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    $300 is about it in EU. They sell for $150-$250 in the USA but the box is not cheap to import, so $300 is still a decent deal for this machine.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okey, shit... I'm having the white screen problems again. Came after I patched to the filament fix firmware (1.14B).

I just figured out that the touch display works, if I (from memory) "navigate" the menu by pressing the screen stuff happens... I think I started a print (of the test model).

Has anyone resolved this issue? Is there a lower version of the firmware that is more stable?

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to venture a guess at a poor connection to the LCD.
    There are buttons behind the LCD screen that should have their own wiring.
    That is why it is working by guessing the buttons.
    Problem is when you get a "maintenance required" message.