Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    There's no fix for this that I know of. It's not an issue with the print head. The filament is restricting in the tubing that goes from the extruder to the print head. The only way it would work is to get a tube that has a slightly larger inside diameter. I just don't use that filament on my Cube anymore. I use it in my Prusa that doesn't use a bowden tube.
    OK, I see.

I have lost confidence in my Cube. I have spent too much time trying to get my only printer to work normally.

Should I give up my Cube? How about Prusa?

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean the tolerance of the filament was way high? Switch to another brand then?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is another instance where the filament gets too large.
    If the print does a lot of retractions close together, the filament is driven back and forth on the driver.
    This flattens filaments, and depending on the filament, it can flatten significantly.
    Flattening causes the filament to get wider.
    And this is what sticks in the tubing.

In the case of stock 3DS tubing, the over-mold nylon creates restrictions;
    Aftermarket 4mm OD 2mm ID tubing also varies. All my tubing came from one reliable supplier on eBay.
    So far, I have not had the flattening problem in feeding filament with my current DIY setups.

Easy test, take the filament from when it failed and take the tubing from the cartridge and remove the hot-end and the driver.
    Now try feeding the previously failed filament through the tube to see if there is significant restriction.
    If so, the stock tubing is not well made. This is the case with a significant number of the units out there.

Same test if you have your own DIY setup. Try feeding the failed length of filament through your Bowden tube.
    If it is restrictive, you will find the tubing you are using has an insufficient inside diameter.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by towyuan View Post
    OK, I see.

I have lost confidence in my Cube. I have spent too much time trying to get my only printer to work normally.

Should I give up my Cube? How about Prusa?
    I wouldn't blame the Cube for this particular issue. Seems it's the filament's fault. I think any printer that uses a bowden tube would have this problem. In my case I think the inside diameter of my tubing is perfect. None of my other filaments have this problem. If the I.D. of the tube is too big, retraction doesn't work well. If you get tubing with a bigger I.D. just to fix the problem with one filament, you risk sacrificing print quality due to bad retraction on other good filaments.

Prusa is awesome, but if you get the multi-material upgrade, that also uses bowden tubes. I'm not sure what the I.D. is on their tubing.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @bolsoncerrado @TommyDee @MegaloDon Thanks very very much for your replies. And I'm sorry that I have not explained my complains clearly. I will try to explain the problems clearly a little later that I met (in English).

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just posted a new version that has better clips, rafts, and some other minor tweaks.

http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post42476

7. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a suggestion, although I havent faced issues so far, if you want to supply both LEFT and RIGHT carts files even if its an easy swap for us, may be easier if it comes done already from the "manufacturer"

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MegaloDon Thanks for your new version design. I was lucky to have successfully printed one ( It is a story 😊 ).

The two parts of new version can be combined more closely. Is it possible to solve the problem of nozzle parts separation for long-term printing? I will try it tonight.

- - - - - - - - - -

The image above is the problem I have met with the printed nozzle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was that printed in PLA? that might be the issue.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. It is printed in PLA. Should I print it in ABS?

- - - - - - - - - -

I have tested the new version nozzle last night. The testing nozzle was printed in PLA. And this is result:

- - - - - - - - - -

It broken after about 3 hours printing. Is this caused by PLA?