Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im working on a alu foundry as per the King of Random vids but how do you create the alu molds?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love him haha! I am making my foundry like his too . And in the past I have always just used sand casting. If you get a fine enough sand you can get all the detail you need. Standard play sand will give you a lot of detail, but if you want to spend a little more you can buy actual casting green sand. The King of Random has some good vids about creating casting molds and goes into good detail. This link pretty much has the steps I always followed when I would cast things: http://www.foundry101.com/new_page_7.htm

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I work in an equipment factory with machining capabilities that can produce the parts. In the next days I can check how much would it cost. But I've been using the original plastic parts drilled with the round nut for some time. The main problem is the lack of the nozzle itself. Anyone tried to manufacture it?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried printing Flex Filament through the Cube 3? I found some nice Flex Filament that has a low melting point almost the same as PLA might have to give it a try.
    Sun comes up on Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is that flex filament on bowden setup is really hard to control, and it requires slooooooow printing speeds....

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Quote = thermo268; 43523] Alguien ha intentado imprimir Flex filamento a través del cubo 3? He encontrado algunas buenas Flex filamento que tiene un punto de fusión bajo, casi lo mismo que PLA podría tener que darle una oportunidad. [/ Quote]

I think my cube was the first to print in flex, I've been printing flex in a lot of time, it's important to retract the temperature and the guide tube somewhat longer, the quality of the flex is also important, I use smartmaterials , these my results:

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 09.08.48(4).jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 09.08.48(1).jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 09.08.48(2).jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 09.08.48(3).jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-01-18 at 09.08.48.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Thanks bolsoncerrado, zugok thanked for this post
    Likes zugok, TommyDee liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome.

I was thinking it would be cool to try a multi-material print w flex and abs...

9. Thanks MegaloDon thanked for this post
    Likes MegaloDon liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to thank @MegaloDon for the design! After annealing my PLA printed version, I was able to successfully print in ABS. I was able to use the un-insulated without issues. I've put hundreds of hours of PLA printing in with it, and have now successfully printing in ABS.

I annealed the PLA at 160 degrees Fahrenheit, for 30 mins. I covered the print with a glass bowl to prevent direct heat from heating elements. I had the bowden tube coupler screwed into place during the annealing to make sure it had a good fit since the dimensions change slightly during the annealing process. I left the part in the oven after turning it off till the whole oven had cooled down to room temperature.