Not with regard to Li-Ion. There are a lot of IMR cells that are specifically designed to maximize discharge current.
These particular cells can tolerate a 6.5 amp draw. Think of the current required for vaping tools... massive!

Early Li-Ion was limited in output current. There are still a lot of Li-Ion not rated for high current, but IMR cells are more robust.
They just have a lower capacity per volume. But 600mah in a single high current cell is not bad at all.
I've also seen 700mah IMR cells on eBay from a reliable supplier. Just haven't tried it yet in this application.
Efest is a big name in the vaping community. Also know there are a ton of imposters in this market! These are what is killing the li-ion industry WRT travel.
I have literally found an AAA sized li-ion cell inside a 18650 sized li-ion cell with packed sand to make it feel real.

Bottom line, the very top end of Alkaline cells will deliver 6V which reduces immediately. You might get about 2200mah out of a set of 4 AA cells in series.
If you rewire the cell holder, you could go 2P2S li-ion for the rechargeable output with greater speed.
Fully charged Li-Ion delivers 4.2V so I am running this 6V device at 8.4 volts until it settles at around 3.7V x2 or 7.4V during the core cycle time of the cell.
At the end of the charge, they discharge quickly to 3 volts each (x2) which is the best you can get out of alkaline cells when new.
Bottom line, the li-ion mod lets the motor run about 20% faster.

Problem is this; li-ion that drops below 2.5V will grow dendrites internally, making the cell susceptible to eventual shorts and fire risks.
Protected cells will not drop below 2.75v because a device cuts off the discharge circuit at this point.
Due to the high output of IMR cells, they are often not protected. So you have to keep an eye on them.
And that is why I cannot recommend unprotected li-ion cells in general.
In this case, it is a requirement if you want them to fit in the B&D cordless screwdriver.

This is a good discharge graph regarding these cells... and typical for all Li-ion cells discharge curves.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh, and as far as chargers go for li-ion... I only trust Xtar chargers.
Some nice offers at Mtn Electronics for these as well.

For USA buyers, I do recommend Mtn Electronics.
They are avid and active members of the flashlight forums.
And their pricing is unmatched.
Their commitment to obtaining only genuine products is their biggest plus.

Otherwise, I have no reason or interest to endorse this supplier or Xtar.
I just believe in them.