Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump

Bump to the top.... I have Tom's ReCube Pro. It works great and does exactly what it's supposed to do. With this software you can change the chip to PLA, ABS, Nylon, whatever the printer can handle. Able to change the color name of the filament also. No more buying cartridges when you need only need the chip. Use what you have. Since the hack is chip based and not firmware specific it works on Cube3, CubePro and possibly the Eco. Runs on the Arduino 328 processor. Any board having this processor chip will work. I used it on a Pi Ala mode, piggybacked on a RasberryPI 3 running Linux. NP. I highly recommend it. G70

2. Likes APCollyer liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK been reading this thread. Had the Firmware hack on my Cubepro Trio and worked fine until had few issues and 3DSystems suggested upgrading to Version 2.02 and no way to revert back!!! Looks like there maybe a fix for that so may try now the Cubepro is working again after 2 months diagnostics with 3D Support

Anyway as I have LOTS of cartridges sitting around, mostly ABS though and no electronics or computing skills other than typical plug and play. Can this 'ReCube Pro' be purchased and from whom?
    Will it work on cubepro Trio? it updates the chips to whatever IE ABS to PLA etc and is it in a ready made tool / device as i said no skills in constructing electronics

Appreciate your help

Andrew

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Read this thread>>>http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...he-Cube3-hack)
    Contact Tomuro (Tomas) directly, I am sure he will be more than willing to assist you.
    G70

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, this seems like a good "product" for Bo to pick up on too.

I still have to assemble mine. It is definitely not a cost prohibitive device.
    A little shopping will get circuit board fabrication cheap (as low as $2- each for a reasonable #!).

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just tested recube from Tomuro on my Cube Pro Trio and can confirm that the version on his website did not work for the Cube Pro but after I send him a dump of my chips he made a modification and it now works. I can reprogram the capacity of the cartridge to full again.

I too am working on an idea to bypass the chip and have invested several nights so far working and inching closer to a proof of concept however I ran into a brick wall and basically have to start over again. I am not sure it is worth 40 plus hours of work given recube is functional although not super convenient. The question is how often does a person exhaust a cartridge and would be resetting the chip?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum boilerbots.

I would prefer to mess with the chips over the printer.
    I'd be resetting a chip every 3 days.
    But I'd pay for the Pro version.
    Basically I am future-proofing my investment (FW upgrade).
    Maybe not for the Cube 3 but any of the other supported printers.
    Tomuro has made great advancements that 3DS is sure to take notice of, as will Maxxim.
    Right now it just needs productizing into the everypersonsolution.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like