Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim,
    Thanks for the BIG chuckle...
    You get a "Like"

G70

- - - - - - - - - -

@swwinterry,
    Thanks for the info. However, that didn't solve the issue I'm having. What I am attempting to do is decode "Build_Config_Cube_3.xml" into a readable file which
    either the DOS or GUI does quite well.
    Then without modification encode the file back to its original. Cube Print fails to "print" with the newly encoded "Build_Config_Cube_3.xml".
    The DOS version complains "Decoding error: Invalid padding. Make sure that this is a valid encoded file." But, still decodes the file into a .bfb (.txt) file.

Doing a binary compare of the encoded files reveals only a slight difference at the end of each file:
    Org:
    8E 51 38 89 2A BB 4F 49 CD 7E 91 35 CC 7D 00 47 27 58 60 EA 09 76 C1 F2 3D 39 E0 22 CC 11 03 7B 06 00 00 00
    New encoded:
    8E 51 38 89 2A BB 4F 49 9A 0A 58 CE 0B 36 FB 1D

If I append the Newly encoded file with the additional binary, all is well. Cube Print creates the print. No problem.

Ultimately, what I would like to accomplish is the ability to change the parameters within the build file, encode it then build a cube print file with new parameters.
    Example: Change MET to PLA and PLA to MET, thus Cube Print will build the file as a PLA using the MET parameters. Or tweak the PLA build Temps, etc.

Any insight would be greatly be appreciated...G70

PS Programing;I only know how to take'em apart. Can't build'em.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JackMeoff

Hum, I'm not really sure why that would be. To be honest I have kind of done away with cubify and switched to Simplify3d. If the Hex code is the same every time you could just add some code after the blowfish encryption is done to just add that hex code on to your output before it closes the file stream.

-Swinson

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the problem. I want to modify the xml file, adjusting parameters to my liking. But, I can't because not even an unmodified file will not encrypt like the original.
    Could you publish your .fff ?

TNX, G70

- - - - - - - - - -

[QUOTE=swwinterry;42779]If anyone has any ideas for dealing with the .cubepro files I'm all ears. This program works by reading in the file, searching for 0xC8 (the char where the gcode starts), chopping off the prefix then running it through the blowfish algorithm. I can't seem to figure out how the .cubepro files are formatted. When I cut off the prefix (or what I think is the prefix) on the .cubepro files and run it through blowfish I get these 25 lines then encrypted nonsense after that.
    [QUOTE]

@swwinterry
    I mislead you with my previous message detailing the changes to the header file of CubePro's print file. Version 1.63 and earlier have the same "C8" identifier that your script searches for, making your script compatible with Cube Print and CubePro. Evidently, 3DS doesn't want to make modifications too easy for us.
    CubePro will also allow the de/encryption of the Configuration file. But, not the Build files.
    G
    Last edited by JackMeoff; 03-03-2018 at 06:31 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the delayed response here is the .fff I'm using. It is set up for both extruders but its only PLA for now. I definitely still needs work but its functional.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ff...V3i-lYEy0wNFCI

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I owe you thanks once again S.W.
    With the decoder and the advice of Tim, I was able to finally see what the cube software is doing so I may design to it.
    This optimizes prints specifically for the Cube 3 slicer (and probably several other from 3D Systems).

A little Excel work, generate a point cloud, and whallah! ...out pops 3D data in my CAD SW that can be measured and analyzed.

This confirms an offset of 3mm and 1.75mm to the center of the build plate
    <snip>It confirms that the fill lines are not exactly parallel... which was kind of obvious.</snip>
    <UPDATE> And I was wrong here. The red squiggles do run parallel, obviously. See the IGES file below. If you can open the file in an app, it shows how it fills plains. </UPDATE>
    I have a few more to characterize but this is gold for me as a 3D print-part designer.

I owe you one, S.W.

pointcloud.PNG
    Ignore the blue squiggle
    pointcloudtop.PNG
    Cube is 20x20 OD with a 8x8 center ID (10 tall)
    DRAFT PRINT: Ignore the red squiggle
    draft_print_parameters.PNG
    Almost Solid parameters
    Ignore the red squiggle
    solid20x20_8id.PNG
    and the medium build...
    Ignore the red squiggle
    medium.PNG

That solves the default offsets for several slicing parameters.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 04-13-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK now translate it to human language :P

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Each point in the image is a g1 location in the BFB.
    I've plotted each point in 3 dimensional space.

A few things fall out of the study...
    Indeed the default distance between traces -wants- to be 0.5mm.
    The STL defined OD and ID are offset by 0.21mm (0.42/2).
    Solid faces Parallel to the build plate) are parallel traces of approximately 0.5mm spacing with a diagonal trace drawn between.

Some of this information is counter to testing the 10mm cube, but I'll investigate that separately.
    I was hoping to find the difference in the different application settings, but that's not the case.
    It is something that the slicer determines based on something else.

I am also seeing some other interesting artifacts that can explain blobbing. More later.

...edit:
    This is the reason I find this interesting:
    I made the wall thickness 0.9mm
    With the 0.21 offset, (0.42 total) is what is leaving the 0.48 gap between traces rather than the default 0.50.
    This means we can force traces closer than default in design.
    I am still trying to find the limit but if there isn't one, that would explain some of the blobbing issues on some corners.
    The whole idea is to drive the traces closer together to make lateral fusing better.

odd.PNG

- - - - - - - - - -

(...and if this doesn't explain how to reverse engineer my hub, then don't bother )

- - - - - - - - - -

175,000 points... obviously I am not doing this with a lot of effort

175kpoints.PNG

Nice feature, I can finally see the sidewalk details!

And I can now also dissect 3D System's support generation results!

The whole idea to bring these points into CAD is to query the 3D Systems Slicer parameters.
    Again, because I design to them to optimize my prints.

- - - - - - - - - -

Finally seeing points rather than X's...

This is a useful exercise for break-away confirmation:
    I can now confirm that my break-away piece involve only one layer.
    A 2-layer gap causes problems when the filament has to make a radius above the intended support.

confirmations.PNG

- - - - - - - - - -

If anyone is interested in an IGES motion trace for a small test cube, it's attached.

The basis for this file is a 20mm W x 20mm D x 10mm T with an 8mm square core removed.

The original file was processed through the normal Cube 3 app,
    ...decoded,
    ...and connected all BFB G1 entries in the order presented.

I did remove the purge positions since they are well outside the part.

Cube_motion_trace_file_IGES.PNG

This is another function I found in PTC Creo.
    It has its limitations, but it is a great way to visualize and analyze any slicer output.
    I'm pretty sure Simply3D already has this built in.

If you have another app that IGES would be useful in, please let us know.
    SolidWorks comes to mind
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TommyDee; 04-11-2018 at 09:33 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't suppose anyone made any progress on a .cubepro decoder did they? I'm trying to work out the right settings for PLA and it's driving me nuts.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    @swwinterryso any update for your .fff profile
    thanks
    Last edited by chaman; 05-02-2018 at 04:38 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the cube-utils (which I've been happily using in windows) but I also use a MAC and cannot for the life of me get it work.

I've installed the build tools for Mac.

I've run the commands to download/clone, then make and test and it all comes back ok.

but the moment I go to terminal I type "cubepro-encoder" and then a filename, it says it "-bash: cubepro-encoder: command not found
    "

BUT They are in the cube-utils folder, and it successfully made all the tests like it's supposed to, in the tests folder!

I have a feeling I'm doing something very obviously wrong but can't quite figure out what!