Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HubCap V1

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I called it a nut, its that one that goes around the hot end that the spring is against.
    THIS GUY---http://www.marshallshardware.com/products/product.aspx?pid=2-411-641-279-12447&lid=1

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry it was so hard to print on the Clip on the Cube.

I will try it on my own soon, after I find a way to address supports on the cube as Cube Print supports really mess things up... Hello Meshmixer....

Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    I doubt I'll ever be able to print in PC+.
    This was the first time I printed using PC+, so I could probably have done better w the threads.
    Last edited by zugok; 01-05-2018 at 01:44 AM.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ztoddman1 View Post
    I called it a nut, its that one that goes around the hot end that the spring is against.
    THIS GUY---http://www.marshallshardware.com/products/product.aspx?pid=2-411-641-279-12447&lid=1
    Oh, you got me there... yes, push-nut. How'd you loose that?

You might try ACE h/w. I suspect it is actually an SAE 1/8" diameter shaft version.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an Ace hardware next to where I work, I will have a look tomorrow.

:-)

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    was adjusting the height of it using that guide and this wonderful frigid weather has my fingers cracked and didn't get a good grip on it. I'll find it eventually, good thing I have several cartridges and nozzles!

Quote Originally Posted by zugok View Post
    I am sorry it was so hard to print on the Clip on the Cube.
    wasn't a big issue, just had to rotate it a bit so the clips were straight up. worked like a charm.
    Last edited by ztoddman1; 01-05-2018 at 01:39 PM.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it helps, Todd, the push nut has plenty of iron to allow a magnet to help in the search.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea! I might try that in an effort to find one long-lost spring...:-)

PS: The PC+ Nozzle is still holding up. :-)

- - - - - - - - - -

Found a few errors in my Nozzle file, so I have adjusted it and doing more test prints on PC+

IMHO printing the nozzle on PC+ or Max is the way to go....

The original one still works, but the print require a lot of clean-up. New version should be much better.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what could cause that.

I made a version that I suspect grew from the heat and pushed off the black bottom cover after about 10 minutes... twice!
    On the other printer I ran a different nozzle of the same geometry and it printed perfectly.

One thing about plastics is that they grow a lot with heat. This is called CTE... Coefficient of Thermal Expansion.
    If there is enough mass growing in the wrong direction, it can cause problems.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, so I ordered a box of the 1/8" push nuts and I can say, it is much better than the ones that came with it. I had to force it on using the jig MegaloDon designed where as the original one I could practically push on with my fingers. Now if we could only source the metal hotends we will be set!
    Last edited by ztoddman1; 01-21-2018 at 02:45 AM.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ztoddman1 View Post
    ok, so I ordered a box of the 1/8" push nuts and I can say, it is much better than the ones that came with it. I had to force it on using the jig MegaloDon designed where as the original one I could practically push on with my fingers. Now if we could only source the metal hotends we will be set!
    I've flattened the tabs on the stock push-nut if they've been overworked. A common pair of pliers will do the trick. I measures the tube OD at 3.2mm where 1/8th inch is 3.18mm.