Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HubCap V1

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks TD for replying, sadly the Stepper Motor image is too blurry to read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zyjLyBp64 :-)

I printed your TestCap nozzle in ABS and while the fit was tight for the tip it seems to work. In PC+ the gap between the body and cap needs to be greater as it is too tight.
    Will reprint later in PC+ with adjustments. The M5 nozzle design tends to print well the M6 design tends to fail and 100nm.

Did a 4+ hr print with the HubCap, HubClip and Nozzle in eSun PLA+ at 70nm., success! Sadly my 7+ hour print last night ended up in a layer shift + spaghetti...no clogging at least!

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha... yes, I tried to find it on ebay too. They have 4,000 of them!

We need Don's or Bo's help finding the original post.
    It is Don that posted the part number and I cannot find it again.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't find the damn post either!

But I did find the link to where I ordered mine.
    https://ultimate3dprintingstore.com/...7pm-k374bn01cn

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zugok View Post
    Did a 4+ hr print with the HubCap, HubClip and Nozzle in eSun PLA+ at 70nm., success! Sadly my 7+ hour print last night ended up in a layer shift + spaghetti...no clogging at least!
    Have you tried this?
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1764253

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tommy and Don. I ordered one. :-)

Also, thanks Don for stabilizer link. I was not sure what I was going to do other than keep print times to shorter times, I will definitely use that! The fail happened on the print with several parts on supports, I could of done a better job positioning them. :-)

PS: The print head is holding up after about ~5hrs at 70nm. Also I was able to remove the tip without it coming apart when still warm, but I have been noticing that the metal nozzle end seems to stick a bit more. I suspect that TD's twistcap will work even better once I can print a working one in PC+. The PC+ is darn tough!

Cheers

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lawd, step away for a few days and what a surprise when I came back! Awesome work Z, can not wait to run this puppy tonight!
    Where did you put the magnets? Just glued them to the clip so they can attach to the drive mechanism>?

My testing is complete, I will have the Cube Hub files posted later today....whoo hoo!

Thanks TD for the great assessment.

The hardest filament I have run was some eSun PLA+, noting exotic. I does seem like a failing stepper, if I can get a replacement for ~$10 that that might what I will do. I doubt it is the fan as the air-low between each side is similar still, simply cool air on one side and warm on the other. I will find out for sure when I take the Cube apart.

I am a little burned out of 3d printer repair thanks to my Anet A8/AM8 (CCC...Cheap Chinese Crap). Thankfully my Taz5 "just works" but it has a slight z-banding(for now...) that is typical from 3D printers that use a Z lead screw. What i love about the cube...no Z-banding!

I am not an engineer so I am not aware of some details of how the steppers work, I appreciate your advice and enlightenment. When I get to "cube-repair time", you advice and tips will likely be essential. Again thanks.

Would you mind sharing a link, for the stepper replacement you found ,and maybe the fan specs/replacement?

Cheers

JH

- - - - - - - - - -

STL's published here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2735871

Please LMK of any issues.
    Last edited by ztoddman1; 12-31-2017 at 02:57 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    regarding magnets...yes. off to hockey....

Cheers

JH

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    great! Go PENS.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ztoddman1 View Post
    great! Go PENS.
    Whoo hoo.. 2x ~7hr 70nm print success with Hubcap/Hubclip/Nozzle. I have noticed that my cube get an error T24 when dong a filament purge, but still prints?

heh heh... I am a Flames/Sharks/whoever is playing Tampa or Anaheim fan.....

I got one assist last night, still lost. Any day I play hockey is a good day.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    . Any day I play hockey is a good day.
    -- Yessir!
    Tried to print your hubcap, it stopped about 1/2 way, will attempt it with the other side and see if it works. Did get the nozzle and cap printed!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about the print, when you mean "it stopped", did you get a filament jam? I have not tried to print the hub/clip/nozzle with the Cube3, I used my Taz 5. When I have time later on I will.

I have printed several tests of the nozzle+cap on my Taz5, w PLA, ABS, and PC+ . I have 4 of the "published" nozzles printed in PC+, and I have been printing with one in the "Right" side for ~ 48 hours with several prints. It is still going....

Here is a a pair of hub/clips printing in ABS on my TAZ5
    tazHub.jpg
    Last edited by zugok; 01-02-2018 at 03:29 AM.