Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch!

Will add it to the list of issues!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jase3d
    Have you checked if the serial connector on the hot end has worked loose or needs re seating? maybe the screws to hold it in place may need tightening, those serial connectors do have a preponderance to either not seat in the first place or work loose.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just found this really useful software that's called printrun http://www.pronterface.com/ and it can let you just manually control each part of your printer to test it out. Even has graphs for temp and you can move the motors up and down and extrude a set amount of filament. It can be a very helpful tool for trouble shooting.

Anyway .. I've just used printrun to check stuff .. and it does read 200degrees on the graph but still my temp measure says way less ... but the bed temp is exact. I can poke some filament onto the hotend and it does melt and it is hot.

If anyone has a laser temp measure ... can you see if the end reaches as it should?

Maybe it's a clogged end .. that I need to research how to solve.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, I would have say Serial-Cable, too. I will check the temperatur when Im home tomorrow...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    after reading and researching more about these symptoms, it sounds more like my end is clogged .. so will try figure that our after my holidays.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Checked temperature today, it is a bit hotter than the sensor says... 200°C = 210°C

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jase3d View Post
    after reading and researching more about these symptoms, it sounds more like my end is clogged .. so will try figure that our after my holidays.
    All of a sudden my printer stopped extruding filament last night. I spent hours adjusting the set screws it did not help. I looked closer and noticed the feeder roller and tension roller were severely misaligned. I emailed Ethan last night and he replied this morning with the suggestion that I open up the extruder and re-position the feeder roller to be 2mm above its base. Once I got it apart, I noticed that the feeder roller was completely loose. I re-positioned the feeder roller upwards to match the center-line of the tension roller and tightened up the set screw to secure it in place. I put everything back together and voila! Printing a large circle right now and everything is spot on.

This seems like its becoming a common problem. Not sure if they did not tighten the feeder roller enough before it left the factory.
    I also hope it does not loosen over time. We will see.

Good luck
    Last edited by synthius; 12-14-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well they claim having being printing for 7 continuous days right? Let's see if this is not a periodical issue on screws...unscrewing!

What about adding a few drops of "screw glue"? ie. something that retains resistance to "vibrations" but manual labor can unscrew?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pommel View Post
    Checked temperature today, it is a bit hotter than the sensor says... 200°C = 210°C
    thanks for measuring. I tried again before going on holidays and maybe it's my sensor but everything else like the heat bed measures exact. But my hot end set at 200 was only measuring 107max. I used a guitar string to clear up the clog just to see and I did push out abit of crusty black stuff. Then it printed quite well for a little while then it started with stringy extrusion after the first layer and it just stopped extruding.

I probably need to do a proper unclogging and see if it helps but the difference in temperature concerns me even though melted plastic does come out but I'm not sure if it should be much better than it is. Will have to wait a few weeks before I can try again though. On holidays now... I would bring it with me to play with if I could.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jase
    I am having trouble with my hot end too, it pushes out thin squiggles of PLA that won't stick to the bed.
    I checked it with a thermal temp gun and its way off ... will try out printrun as you suggest ..... any help appreciated