Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Given 3DHubs is now leaning towards CNC and manufacturing, perhaps it's worth the shot of a mold and inject ALU on it?

I'm not at all related to CNC'ing though.... BUt can do the logistics specially if we have to move this within the EU...

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hirez sectioned nozzle... image 1 (5.5mb .bmp)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gG9...ew?usp=sharing

3. Thanks bolsoncerrado, ztoddman1 thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a brass extra long nozzle and tried to turn it down to my attempt at measurements. I think it would work but I over tightened the chuck on the lathe and it broke. Grrrr. Good thing it was fairly cheap. Think it could be done with more patience from me and not trying to make them in 2 minutes!
    Thoughts Tommy?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting starting point. Most lathe work has a "waste" piece that operators grip with the chuck.
    You also want to use the live center, even for a piece this small.
    That may require an adapter if you want to preserve the filament aperture.

Maybe shape the business end and adapt it to a live center to do the rough cut reduction of the shaft.
    You only need a short slender neck for a short distance. The rest can be cut into cooling fins.

As for testing, don't bother to try to put it in a nozzle housing. The tip will sit in its pocket without anything holding it.
    You can use a truncated nozzle housing, some tubing, and a pen-spring to actually test it.
    Once you're there functionally, you can always craft the top of the brass replacement to your liking.