Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Cura for a Cube Pro

It would be great to have a thread that focuses on the setup and usage of Cura 3.x.x versions targeting a Cube Pro (because that is what I have) at least.

I am trying to piece together all the random bits and pieces of information in other threads to get this to work if it is even possible. I am fed up with the crappy output from the CubePro slicer and it's lack of options to improve the results.

So, fill in the information below.....
    Last edited by boilerbots; 04-15-2018 at 06:27 PM.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be nice if anyone would simply write the interface for 3D Systems.

Does 3D Systems offer anything to improve control over their printers in the way of controllable slicers?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Progress already in trouble. The cubepro decoders can't decode the latest output files from the desktop software and when I encode the output from cura, the 2.02 firmware on my printer says that it is not valid. Hmmm.....

- - - - - - - - - -

Finally I am getting my printer to recognize the Cura ouput, the beginning lines with the '^' need to end with a <Ctrl-M> character or my printer says there is a problem.

- - - - - - - - - -

I guess I won't be contributing to this thread any more. I replaced the controller with a Smoothie board. Open hardware and open firmware. I can use any slicer I want and after only a few test prints am seeing pretty good results.