Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: T14-t24

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

T14-t24

Hello,

I am always starting to get a T14 error. It always happens after about 10 minutes into the print. I dont know what to do...

Also, I noticed that the print will be heating, and get to the very end, and never start, unless I hold down the middle top fan and stop it from spinning. I think something might be wrong with my printer... =/

Would anyone have any suggstions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Replace the power source?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and when that isn't the problem, make sure the nozzle is fully seated in the heater block.
    If that push nut is too far down the barrel, it may not be making full contact with the heater block.

Another tip has been to make sure the environment is at least 70*F that you are printing in.

The other time this happens is when you have a chip in the opposite side and no nozzle present.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a new power supply, however I am using mythandar's temp mod to print with PETG, and it works like a charm at 238* C

- - - - - - - - - -

i ORDERED THE NEW POWER SUPPLY.. NO LUCK.. IT KEEPS DOIGN IT!! =/

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check that your nozzle is fully seated in the heater.
    This is managed by the push nut on the stainless tube.

I originally got this error from running in a cold room.
    That printer is back at 3DS however.

But there are suggestions out there that insulating something inside the heater assembly does help.

http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post40769

Since your solution is the same, I suspect this is your solution as well.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to update this post... The quick temporary fix, is to stop the top fan with your finger, and release it when you hear the printer about to purge. This is only temporary, because about 5 minutes later, the print will stop, and give you the same error again.

My fix: CLEAN THE DAMN METAL TIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's all it was.

I noticed that the metal tips were discolored and black, so I took some sand paper and rubbed it all off. I also soaked the tips in PAINT STRIPPER (note: not paint thinner) for an entire day, and it ate away anything on the inside. You can find paint stripper next to the paint thinner at your local hardware store. Regardless, I rinsed the tip out and swabed the inside with a q-tip. It worked perfectally after that.

(PLEASE WEAR GLOVES!! PAINT STRIPPER IS VERY POWERFUL AND NASTY STUFF! IT BURNS TO THE SLIGHTEST DROP ON THE SKIN! I LEARNED THE HARD WAY!)

MAKE SURE YOU RINSE OUT THE TIP!!! PAINT STRIPPER IS EXTREMELY FLAMABLE, AND WILL CATCH FIRE EASILY!!
    Last edited by KHMusicMan; 08-02-2018 at 05:08 AM.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are easier ways but okay