Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Nozzle hole size?

I know I've seen it and now I can't find it... What is the size of the hole in the Cube3 nozzle? I have plenty of nozzles, but they apparently are plugged up. I can't even get air through them. I heated and washed with acetone and now I just want to try heating and running the right size wire through the hole. I did buy some fine rods that supposedly were small enough to put through the holes but even they are too large. Any hope of someone fabricating new nozzles for the Cube3?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wire I use is 0.30mm [300 microns].

I considered the size ~0.45mm for the aperture but others have said it is as small as 0.40mm.

3. Thanks eagleman1022 thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Tommy
    I have been trying to use a .015" rod, but it seems to be too big. I just found a set of 3D Printer nozzle cleaners on Amazon. So I ordered them.

6pcs Cleaning Needles for 3D Printer Nozzle clean 0.2mm 0.3mm 0.35mm for $3.99

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! I can see uses for those in several projects

When I clean the nozzle, I very carefully heat the tip with a torch lighter moving the flame rapidly and aggressively.
    I will test the melt inside with the wire from the aperture end. If the wire feeds, it is melted. If it stops, it needs more heat.
    Once the melt is right, the wire will go through with a blob well attached to the end with a lot of stringing to follow.
    Often, this requires about 5-6 inches of wire to get all the stringing and blobbing that follows.
    Follow up with a sighting through the tube looking for a clear aperture.

This doesn't solve anything on the walls of the stainless tube, though. Be sure that the Teflon tube that you put back in seats fully.
    I do this by drilling out the stainless tube with a 3mm drill bit. The bit is marked at depth with a silver metal marker.
    Alternatively, you could go back to the heat to make the tube seat completely.

Welcome to the forum eagleman.