Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Mythandar's temperature app question

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if the temperature mod app that mythandar made will work for dual extrusion.

Is it possible to set different temperatures, or is the temperature for both heads if I print with 2 colors?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suspect it does a global change to both sides.
    However, I like where you're going.

If you look carefully at the video you did, I noticed an opportunity to"intervene".
    That temporary .bfb file that is generated is ripe for editing.
    I suspect that somewhere in that conversion process, you have an opportunity to further edit the file prior to re-compression.

If you figure that out, I would be interested. That means we can re-compress -any- cube3 converted .bfb file.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn... I feel like that might be over my head. I see what you mean though. There is a point before it finalized the file, where the .bfb file could be edited. I would like to see if we can use different temperatures on each head, opposed to just using 1 temperature for both heads.

- - - - - - - - - -

Damn... I feel like that might be over my head. I see what you mean though. There is a point before it finalized the file, where the .bfb file could be edited. I would like to see if we can use different temperatures on each head, opposed to just using 1 temperature for both heads.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are M104 and M204 calls in the BFB. The following Sxxx is the temperature in degrees C. I suspect P1 is a prime call.

Funny thing is, when you look at the M104 and M204 calls in the BFB file, they follow some weird algorithm.
    These files do not maintain a constant temperature! You might do a formulation on these calls in something like Excel.
    You can do a wholesale replace if you can maintain the pure ascii intent

- - - - - - - - - -

Remember that temperature and velocity work together along with feed rate. Delicate dance if you want to preserve intent
    Last edited by TommyDee; 08-02-2018 at 05:30 AM.

5. Thanks KHMusicMan thanked for this post
    Likes KHMusicMan liked this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does change the temp for both nozzles. If you were to change the temp to, say, 213, and you wanted to modify the right nozzle to be different from the left. Then you could search for each M204 213, and replace the 213 with the temp you want for the right nozzle. Left nozzle is 104, and right nozzle is 204.

The reason you see many temp changes is usually when your printing with both nozzles. When it switches between the nozzle, it parks and cools the active nozzle, then parks the other nozzle and heats it up. It'll do this for each nozzle, each layer.

If your just using one nozzle, then after the second layer it shouldn't change temps until the end of the file.

If I can ever find the time I can change my program to have a selection for each nozzle separately.

7. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you M. I should have noticed that.

One thing I am finding interesting is that the unused extruder is maintained at a bias temperature throughout the print.

I'll have to do some experiments to learn what it does for the various conditions.

So PLA is locked in at 200*C and ABS is locked in at 260*C.
    Let's see what they lock PETG to... aha ...250*C

For PETG (EkoCycle), they also push the printer to 265*C rather than the hard limit of 260*C for the Cube3.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 08-23-2018 at 09:41 PM.