Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chocolatey or Hex-Rays? 30 days is never enough ;p

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, im starting with 3d printing. im interested in using Cura for printing in the cube3. Where are these gcode settings (the lines of code) that i need to change ?
    Also, what do i put in Xmin/max, Ymin/max and Gantry height?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lucas2701 View Post
    Hello, im starting with 3d printing. im interested in using Cura for printing in the cube3. Where are these gcode settings (the lines of code) that i need to change ?
    Here, http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post45502

search for Start G-code and Post; End G-code

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Looks like you guys have put in a lot of effort to get Cura working with our printers. Thank you.
    I'm trying this myself and have come across a problem when slicing with BFB.

It is adding additional lines to the print that are unnecessary, I cant figure it out.
    Cura BFB Slicing Error..PNGCura BFB Extra Lines.jpg

Has anyone come across this before?
    Will they appear when printing?
    Any fixes?

Cura Version 4.13.1

Thank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be the object is non manifold. Have you run it thru one of the online "fixers"?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    Might be the object is non manifold. Have you run it thru one of the online "fixers"?
    I have tried several different models and they all had this problem. I had a similar idea thinking that there may be some "complex geometry" but I tried a simple cube and had the same outcome.
    I'll look into the online "fixers" and get back to you.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had Cura do some really strange stuff. Your example is far worse than I've seen though.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    I've had Cura do some really strange stuff. Your example is far worse than I've seen though.
    Is it a problem with the latest version of Cura? Do you have experience using an earlier version that produced good prints/ sliced properly?

Additionally, what firmware, on your printer, are you currently running? I seem to be having a problem where the printer 'jumps'/'z-hops' after every move. From observations it is only printing the curves and 'jumping'/completely missing the straights. (This is only when printing a part sliced in Cura)

FYI I'm running a Cubepro Trio on v2.02.

Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was using an older version and I simply gave up on Cura. It doesn't do BFB correctly so it interprets things wrong.

Any BFB style file will revert to older algorithms on CubePro. The last BFB version of the software was 1.87. Everything your printer doe sis a result of the .cubepro print file.

My take is to give up on Cura and pay for the Simplify3D software. It has a known library for CubePro. If you don;t like the stock software, it is the only alternative I m aware of. I don't have experience with it but others will swear by it.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    I was using an older version and I simply gave up on Cura. It doesn't do BFB correctly so it interprets things wrong.

Any BFB style file will revert to older algorithms on CubePro. The last BFB version of the software was 1.87. Everything your printer doe sis a result of the .cubepro print file.

My take is to give up on Cura and pay for the Simplify3D software. It has a known library for CubePro. If you don;t like the stock software, it is the only alternative I m aware of. I don't have experience with it but others will swear by it.
    Could you point me in the right direction for the Simplify3D forum.
    I've had a quick poke around and it seems there are multiple 'profiles'? Or is that less complicated than it sounds?

I'd like to know what I'm getting myself in for, before making that purchase.