Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you got that right. I still need to check that acceleration calculation.

When I free-hang a few loops of filament, it takes about 10 ,minutes per loop. I'd say your calc is correct.
    As to extruded amount, it is the direct relation of nozzle aperture size and filament diameter.
    PI*R^2 for each. Not sure if our aperture is 0.4, 0.45, or 0.5. I'll look at that a little closer.
    Reason for the question is the poor fill of 1mm walls. I suspect 0.45 is the right answer.

In Cura, you have a couple of options. You can assign a fixed ratio or hard values through very confusing means.
    I haven't found any max value control though. I suspect they are non-existent.

If you want to play with the spiralize mode, manually remove the normal base. Whatever value that starts at, say 0.8mm, make a disk/floor/base up to 0.8 with MeshMixer or whatever. Create a .cube3 file and now splice in only the spiralized part of the Cura output. Set the M108 to however creamy you want your 'vase' to be and let it run. Remove all other M108's so this becomes universal from that point forward. May also serve to test hard limits to put on extrusion speeds.

Was all that coherent?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Pre, just past the Init all the way to where printing starts in earnest; Printers>machine settings>Start G-code

Post; End G-code

Let me know what I forgot.

Thanks TD, did you replace the Start and End G-code, or append to it? It wasn't clear from your description. I presume that you replaced it, but I just wanted to be sure. Just starting with Cura. Also, are there any other "gotchas" I should watch out for?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember right, yes, you are replacing their header with a known 3D Systems header. The footer, same thing. M109 is handled differently. It needs to be replaced with an "M104 S<temp> P1" ...again check me on this. It is the command to not wait for reheating to achieve temp. This is from memory so feel free to correct what I remember.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you TD. Now to get some clarity on how this process should work after getting Cura configured:

1. Open model in Cura.
    2. Save file as BFB file.
    3. Remove lines with ';' as the leading character
    4. Encode file with cube3_encoder.exe (formerly known as cubepro_encoder.exe?)
    5. Rename file with cube3 extension.
    6. Copy file to usb key.
    7. put usbkey in Cube3
    8. Print from cube3.

I noticed that you have firmware V1.05 in your header. What if my printer has 1.14B? The reason I ask is that my printer is giving me "invalid file". Do I need to be on 1.05?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jest is correct in the process you site. The firmware is not causing the error. This is minimal f/w and slicer f/w calls. 1.05 works fine since it is simply an earlier set.

There must be another illegal command that is still in the BFB. I use excel to parse the file to see what is in it.

I've attached my version of the spiralized vase. Have a look and see how ours may be different.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was taking the tact that we want to have Cura generate a completely clean BFB file for Cube3, so I started looking at the code. The BFB support in Cura seems limited to a few files, but what I don't know is how Cube3 BFB differs from, let's call it, Base BFB or mainline BFB. Has this been discussed anywhere?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not much yet. However, that spiralized vase model would do well with the pressure change. I know that the M109 is an issue. Cura also doesn't do the modifiers in retraction. You can paste in custom headers and footers in post processing. What Cura won't do is manage our shared heater block. Manageable for single extrusion prints with a post process operation. Dual extrusion prints are a different story.

What we also don't know is the extended capabilities of Cubify. I doubt anyone has tested throwing an M109 at the printer to see what it does.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like M109 is a CubePro only command. When I look at the disassembly of BFBLIB.DLL, there are two M109 commands:

M109 S190
    M109 S0

M109 S109 is used in a routine called InitCubeColor
    M109 S0 is used in a routine called TurnOffCubeProColor

InitCubeColor outputs the following Commands
    M83
    G90

Then a T0 or a T1

M306
    G28
    G29
    G0 Z10 F400
    G0 X5 Y5 F4000
    G0 Z0 F400
    M140 S60
    M109 S190
    M190 S60
    G90 c0 m0 y0 k0 w0
    G0 F200 C4.5000 m0.0000 y0.0000 k0.0000 w0.0000
    G0 Y101 F2000

M205 Z130

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen other BFB commands that were re-purposed. Scary! Maybe that's why they moved the functionality to M104

You've definitely got a better way to look at DLL's than I do.

10. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a program called IDA (the free version). It has limitations, but lets me see some of the internal workings.