Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

High pitch sqweeling noise

I get a high pitch sqweeling noise from the controller box whenever I print. It does not sound like a fan obstruction or anything like that...more of a digital noise.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be a motor driver overloaded or going wrong hmmm.... not that easy to solve. Where did you get your printer?

Post Thanks / Like
    It could also be something inside the power supply... I'dn't leave it quite unattended...

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    Might be a motor driver overloaded or going wrong hmmm.... not that easy to solve. Where did you get your printer?
    I purchased the CR-10 from GearBest.com and then installed the CR-10s upgrade kit...I believe I got this from 3DPrinter Universe. I will try to grab a video of the noise tonight when I get home and upload it to YouTube. Im going to remove the outter cover as well and give another peak.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    It could be a PWM (pulse width modulation) hum. I have flashlights that do that because of a slow data-rate.
    Maybe you have a stepper set to very slow feed somewhere.
    I am not sure of all the functions for which the CR10 uses PWM to manage power.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I narrowed down the sound is coming from the power supply. I went ahead an bought a replacement from TH3d Studios...will install and report back as soon as I can.

7. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post