Hi all,

I have just purchased my very first 3D printer, an AnyCubic i3 Mega. I have absolutely no previous experience with 3D printing or the associated software, so please take it easy with me

I have downloaded quite a few files from thingiverse, however what I would like to do is to print customised/personalised items, such as cake toppers, for friends and family. I have seen designs such as this one
Screenshot 2018-10-14 at 15.28.53.png

however what I would like to do, is to be able to customise mine, by adding names, or other text such as "Happy Birthday Craig" etc....
Can anyone please explain how designs like the above are created? What software do people use for creating such designs and how is the design then turned into the 3D file for printing? I would also like to be able to use a variety of different fonts, if that is possible? I work on an iMac, if that makes a difference.

As I have already said, I have absolutely no experience with any of this, so I expect a steep learning curve, however if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, as far as required software (free!) and steps to follow to create something like the above image, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance of any help guys and my apologies for what are probably very basic questions,

Regards, CraigUK.