Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. What were the pause commands it sent out for the filament change?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wait for the print to reach the required layer, then pause the print and do the filament change. I have installed the BTB extruder mod. Then, with the help of a screwdriver, I remove the filament and load the new one.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. I added a G4 P60 to know when to hit 'pause'. I was hoping they had a more formal tool change vector to analyse.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did it work with that command? I use simplify3d and I could not generate automatic pauses

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    The command worked to start the timer in a wait state. You use the "Pause" button on the screen and once the 60 seconds are up, it goes and pauses like normal. It keeps you from having to catch the very moment you want to pause the print.

Being that the .cube3 commands are highly stand-alone in structure; you could splice the PLA half of the print separated by a G4 P60 and completed with the PETG slicer file. As long as one filament type ends and the other begins, you simply put the first part of the PLA file with the last part of the PETG file. All the rules for the slicer are obeyed according to the printer. BuddyBu's editor will make fast work of that if S3D doesn't.

6. Likes tamer1an liked this post