Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    You were probably fine for printing so many things with the fans reversed as the default setting in most slicers turns the print cooling fan on after the first layer is done. So you were probably only ever printing with the extruder cooling fan off for first layer or 2 so the heat never built up e ouch to travel up the metal hotend/housing. This thread really should be stickied I think so that any new comers like yourself will at least have it on the first page to catch your eye.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I moved FAN1(Extruder fan, always working, red/black cable) cable to, so, FAN1 connector and configured Marlin to auto on/off. I attached latest fw I configured today with latest changes and fixes directly from Marlin development branch:Marlin-Ozgun.zip

With this feature, FAN1 only works when extruder temperature is above 50C. Below 50C, fan stops so helps the silence. You must put a jumper to 12V pin of FAN1 PWR jumper(just like FAN0 connector PWR pins) and move FAN1 cable to FAN1 connector, though connects are different, it just fits and sits there without a problem(red is +, black is -).

(I used CrazyCoders photo without permission so apologizes from now, you must move black connector below to the white connector above)

I enabled Full Graphic LCD(so you want to change this if you have a different LCD) and Thermal Runaway(so increase temperatures with only 5C increments). I also enabled Babystepping but can't get it to work, there is noise from motors but no movement as I can see(maybe I can't see well).
    Last edited by Fixx; 05-08-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: fw updated

Post Thanks / Like
    What is babystepping about? i did read the FW comments but no clues at all...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    When printing the first layer, you can move Z(and other axes) with really tiny increments(smaller than 0.1mm) realtime. This helps if your bed is not level and you realize this, so you can lift up or down Z axis really tiny to get it at good level for printing. But this don't work at my machine, I think the reason is because I don't set trimpots for motor current and they may be low or maybe it works fine on an A4988 driver but don't work at our DRV8825, i don't know.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also this version of Marlin also includes Manual Bed Leveling, though I don't enable and try it yet. It may be beneficial for most of us with slightly warped beds.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi What is the use of small (non DB9) connector? My extruder was stopping randomly after few layers and today not even completing brim. Simple extrusion of 100mm was ok... So decided to open the connector.. Found all seemed to be ok.. Just pulled the wires for small connector out side DB9 and twisted a bit.. Post that extrder is not responding. Will it be due to wires of small connector? Rest all seems to be ok...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by itguru72 View Post
    Hi What is the use of small (non DB9) connector? My extruder was stopping randomly after few layers and today not even completing brim. Simple extrusion of 100mm was ok... So decided to open the connector.. Found all seemed to be ok.. Just pulled the wires for small connector out side DB9 and twisted a bit.. Post that extrder is not responding. Will it be due to wires of small connector? Rest all seems to be ok...
    The secondary connector that is small and white if that is what I think you are talking about. That smal white plastic connector with 4 wires going to it is the power/controls for your extruder's stepper motor. First thing you should do if you suspect a faulty wire is unplug the printer and open the bottom up to gain access to the control board than with a test meter/multi meter you can trace each wire from end to end and check for any open circuits(broken wires)

I had this happen to me just a couple months back and it ended up being the wire for my extruder's heat sink fan broke somewhere in the wire harness, only took me 5min to find the broken wire and replace once i got printer oepned up and could test each connection from end to end

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Thanks. Black and rose colored wires were broken. Rewired using soldering iron and some additional wires. Extruder is working. Will print something tomorrow.

Edit (14th Dec) : Problem resolved

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by itguru72; 12-14-2015 at 04:59 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just changed the position of the fans... it was easy
    If you can't fix it with a Hammer, your problem is electrical

10. Likes bolsoncerrado liked this post