Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Rapide lite Firmware

Hi everyone
    I'm a completly noob of the 3d printing and when I try to adjust the step per mm on Extruder i made a mess. I think I've completly cleared the firmware of the printer because when using Arduino 1.5.8. connected via USB I pressed the load button without code in the windows so I accidentally write an empty firmware.
    Someone can help me?? I'm desperate!!

There is a procedure to reset to the factory firmware?

Someone have the firmware?

Thank you.
    Last edited by safonz; 01-02-2015 at 08:16 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is downloadable via internet??

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the firmware is Marlin, I don't have the printer here yet to check, but if the mainboard uses ATMEGA 2560, you can use it.
    http://solidutopia.com/marlin-firmware-user-guide-basic/

Then you will need calibrate it later using calibration cube.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:271736/#instructions

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've tryed to follow this guide http://solidutopia.com/marlin-firmware-user-guide-basic/ but i'm too noob to propely restore the firmware (i can communicate with the printer but the motor don't move and i not have the temperature from thr extruder and the bed). I've send an email to rapide lite support hoping they can resolve. If they send me the firmware i will post in this tread to share with all the community

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is a risk that the firmware is modified in some way by Rapide3D. I suggest you send a mail to support@rapide-3d.com and ask for a firmware to download.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with sm0orb.

What i dont get is if you're noob to do a restore of a firmware, why did you connect an arduino to the board anyway? what for?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I send a g-code command to extrude 100 mm of filament... measuring the result 83 mm.... Reading on internet how to solve the problem i've readed to recalculate the step per mm value to compensate and change it in the firmware, so i installed the arduino ide program to change this value. Run... hit load (thinking load value from board and not load value to board) ....and DOH!!! No more firmware...
    To restore the original firmware, if i can have the .ino file, all i have to do is Open the file with arduino and load it to the board.
    I've already sended an email to support@rapide-3d.com asking for the file

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by safonz View Post
    I send a g-code command to extrude 100 mm of filament... measuring the result 83 mm.... Reading on internet how to solve the problem i've readed to recalculate the step per mm value to compensate and change it in the firmware........
    Very adventurous for a noob! , hope it all end well

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a noob of the 3d printing world but i love too mutch to tweak electronic... If it is not required an hardware modification I did it.
    I've already successfully made a firmware update (to install custom firmware and OS) on my smartphone, mp3, multimedial HD... Failed on my printer

Quote Originally Posted by BobenhamHotspur View Post
    hope it all end well
    I hope too , i don't want a 12 Kg paperweight.

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    @safonz - just a stab in the dark.

Have you turned off your printer since you had the problem? reading through the readme.md file that comes with the Marlin 1.0.1 zip file, there is a G code M503 - print the current settings (from memory not from eeprom).

Therefore if the code exists in 2 separate places on the motherboard you may have some options;

1) Did you upload the blank file to either A) the EEPROM or to B) the memory ?

2) If A and you haven't turned off your machine yet, can you save the memory out to disk then re-write it back to EEPROM?
    3) If B and you haven't turned off your machine yet then rebooting should reload the settings from the EEPROM

4) If A and you have turned off your machine then you will need a new file to re-write it back to EEPROM
    5) If B and you have turned off your machine then rebooting should have reloaded the settings from the EEPROM?