Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to change the COM port to see if that remedies anything. Don't have another comp to try with. The comp I am using is my 3d workstation. Not overloaded with unnecessary software or malware. Only have one printer attached to it and that is on COM1. I used to have control with repetier and then it was gone. I will say that the comp recognizes the printer on com 3 since when I move the bed with power off on the printer, I generate a bit of power and my comp gives me the "ba-dump" sound as it gets powr and again when it loses it.

Still at a a loss how repetier can still have commands waiting when I uninstall it and then reinstall it (it removes registry keys when uninstalled)

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen in some post here that there was one user who got the printer recogized AS a printer. It even showed up in "devices and printers". That would mean there is a printer queue assigned to it and there may be "jobs" waiting in that queue. Have you checked that ?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    repetier forum gave me this answer.....I posted in another thread but will post here as well.

The commands waiting happens if usb driver connects but we get no recogniceable response. Make sure it resets firmware if possible. Normally it is wrong baudrate. If you have repetier firmware and lcd display you can see baudrate in confugarion->general. To change baudrate change it there and go up and select store to eeprom.

Anyone want to run me throguh that process? Using repetier host, not repetier firmware and lcd.

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, just upgraded from Vista 64 to Win 7 and haven't bothered to put Reptier back on so can't try.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a fixed baudrate set or set it to AUTO?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried multiple baud rate values and auto and still nothing.

Wasn't sure about firmware and eeprom since ethan had indicated to me (via email) that the COM issue was something they were trying to fix in a firmware update....then he told me it was probably my computer....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Well there's the truth that many of us print with stock firmware and same board and similar software... so either it's something on your computer or in your board...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, but I am not alone dealing with the COM issue and my computer used to connect and I could control it with repetier. Now not able to at all. That's what mystifies me. Will keep hunting and see what I find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try on another computer OS? Just to discard issues...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since you have had it working and it's now broken i wonder if you have done anything i between that may have caused the problem. For example install of new program.
    Worst possible cause may actually be a Windows update action that have screwed up your drivers.
    Even worse is that searching for faults in serial USB coms seams to be some of the trickiest thing to do.