Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tommy Dee
    Ill send him an email later today. Ive got 3 Nano boards coming today from amazon so will have to have a proper read of how to put this together. Got loads of resistors in stock and Leds aswell.
    Thanks for your help so far.

Cheers
    Mick

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Staying tuned Mick. It really is a simple device after all. I don't know how I filled 3 forum pages to come to this conclusion

Oh look... another page!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its seems these chips are not available. Would it be possible to use a different chip to program from a blank?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blank chips are not supported as yet. Tomuro had hinted to being able to look into it.
    I buy cheap eBay carts of any kind that is useful. I don't need more than a select number for each printer. Now I can simply change any 2 chips I have handy. So extra chips is not really a problem. Basically having cartridges ready to run on hand that will determine what you need. I presume that whatever cartridge you have has chips.
    ReCube Pro will change the cartridge refill process by filling the spool and then setting the chip to what's inside. And you can us the menu to see how much is remaining.
    Didn't you say you were in the UK? How's the used 3D Systems cartridge market there as to getting them to your door? Know this; CubePro carts hold 2.5X what Cube, cube2, and cube3 does. But sometimes those little cartridges can be had cheap. And they have a chip that ReCube Pro will re-address to CubePro.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are available but around 90. Nothing available for the smaller Cubes.
    This is a new thing for me so only have the three cartridges with chips.
    Good to know you can hack those other chips too

- - - - - - - - - -

Hi Tommy Dee

Got the Nano boards downloaded the Arduino Ide and all working correctly. Downloaded the files from Tomuros site and now I,m stuck.
    I cant find information in his read me file to explain what to do with the files. I scanned this thread a few times now but cant find the process of what to do. (I may be going blind) can you please assist.

Also the schematic attached is not really that clear to me. If we are using a power source from a USB do we need to provide 5v from an external source as the drawing implies(I think). Is the schematic for a stand alone device?

Look forward to hearing from you.

P.s I've emailed Tomuro for a price on the Pro Files.

Cheers
    Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please read this linked thread from top to bottom. You will be fully versed in all things Tomuro and installing the code, light and pro... http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...nd-Help-Thread

Ha! Yea, you will find early in this thread when I had that same 'Aha' moment on the power requirements. It is simply a basic schematic capture notation that makes it look odd to use mere mechanical folk. I have a few much simpler wiring diagrams in this thread for using vector boards.

The very beginning of this thread you will find a summary before the history starts. It includes my final wiring diagram.
    Basic design concept goes down to this:
    D4 = pull-up to +5 for triggering a write on the chip. 100K pulldown to gnd for idle state.
    D5 = diode and resistor for charge successful (green) to gnd
    D6 = diode and resistor for failed charge (red) to gnd
    A0 = chip high contact (small contact) driven by a 2.2K pullup to +5V

That's it! My slim version only has 4 pins between Nano and shield negating the indicators and switch. I pull down D4 to avoid floating triggers and the pull up is required on A0 to provide power for the one-wire signal modulation. The chips long trace is gnd.

With 3 chips you have all you need for a trio. Do your cartridges have the plastic spool inside? The cardboard ones are junk!

Funny how eBay isn't helping you on costs. Here they are selling very old cartridges for about $20 shipped. Filament is junk but it has a good chip

We might be able to figure something out on chips if you find a good reason to need more. I do have -several-.

- - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by TommyDee; 04-23-2019 at 07:59 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Thanks for the link. Had a quilck scan but will read properly tomorrow.
    Thank for your time again.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tommy Dee

Did you say we can use the Cubify Chips. Only there's some cheap ones appeared on ebay? Just need a PLA chip to see whether its the setting in the Cubepro causing the print issues.

Cheers

- - - - - - - - - -

Just an update on PLA issue. Ordered some ABS from the same compamy ( not 3d systems) and prints perfectly. So am assuming that as I only have ABS chips the cubepro is not allowing me to reduce the temperature enough and causing the filament issue.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know how accurate the temperature modifier is. I don't use it as I can modify Cube3 files at will.
    However, there are many differences in how PLA is treated over ABS, so simply changing the temperature is typically not enough.

Have you found the file decoders yet?
    You can decode the CubePro v2.0n config files which will show you what slicer parameters are passed to the slicer.
    I have several posts here on how these files are constructed. You can even find wood, nylon, flex... settings.
    Again, that is the way I want to go for CubePro slicer management... edit recipes. Could use a more up-to-date decoder though.
    Know any good coders that know decription and encription algo's? We have some good data to get started with.

Good to know 3rd party ABS works better in CubePro than in Cube3.

Once you get that ReCube-Pro up and running, you'll be able to change your chips to PLA and back to ABS at will.
    Heck, you can even make Infinity Rinse chips out of them.