Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    BuddyBu, Thank you for your support and encouragement. I have just ordered the parts and they should arrive in the next couple of days. I'm actually really pumped to get into this little project.

TommyDee, Thank you for the insight. I have read this thread a few times now and I think the penny has dropped. Just waiting for the parts now.

Thanks again everyone that contributed to this thread.

Cheers

- - - - - - - - - -

Hi Everyone,

So I finally got around to building the circuit and as Tommy Dee and Buddybu said it was a lot easier that it first looks thank to Tomuro's site and this thread.

I wish I could say the same about loading the firmware. I working through TommyDee's thread on how to load the firmware as well as the internet. This is way out of my comfort zone.

Anyway I thought I would share what I have done to accommodate the 1kg filament spools and the chips so far:

Attachment 4238

Right side spool holder

Attachment 4242

Left side spool holder has 4mm clearance from print bed

Attachment 4243

Attachment 4244

17.jpg

19.jpg

16.jpg

20.jpg

Thats all folks, back to figuring out how to load the firmware on to the circuit.

Cheers,

2. Thanks TommyDee, buddybu thanked for this post
    Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    That looks great. Can you show an exanded view of how you are attaching the chips to the printer?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two little bumps that captures the round bar. Great little design. Will this show up on Thingiverse RicciEU?

Capture.PNG

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey BuddyBu and TommyDee,

Thank you for you replies.

Yes, Tommy nailed it. The Chip Sled used the geometry of the cartridge bay to located the chip over the pins and lock it into position.

25.jpg

Here are four main views of the Chip Sled:

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

I will post it on Things Givers once I have finished the Chip Charger Tray and the right hand side filament guide. As I have CubePro Duo's I have decided to leave the cartridge bay where it is and just re-route the feeder tube over to the third position. Or one could make the change at the hot end end. I will keep you posted on this.

In a minute I will make another post with a link to a file that contains all of the parts in STL and cubepro format. If you are using simply 3D you may want to use the STL files as I am still using the CubePro slicer and there are some anomalies in the final prints.

Cheers guys

- - - - - - - - - -

Okay guy's,

Here is the link to download and of the files to make the parts you have seen in my last posts:

https://mega.nz/folder/FVkSWQ6A#ewgpa2dhvbNR02Hg610aoA

In the mail folder you will find two folders Chip Sled and Spool Holder. In the Chip Sled you will find STL and CubePro files. As I mentioned if you are using Simply3D I recommend using the STL files and re-slicing the model.

There are three Chip Sled files: Chip Sled with no number on the side, Chip Sled 1 & 2 have numbers on the side.

There is also the filament guide for bay three, its in two parts, I'll explain this later after I print it and install it.

In the Spool Holder file there are three files: Top Bracket which is used on both sides as each side is made up of two pieces glued together to create the recess. The top bracket uses the existing bolts in the printer structure frame. The file named Bottom Bracket is the left side and the other file is self explanatory.

7.jpg

8.jpg

When installing I put some double sided tape on the back side to keep it stuck to the wall of the printer.

Enjoy, spread the love.

Cheers,

RS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (70.1 KB, 14 views)

6. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, CubePro. Sorry, I was thinking that was something I was just not seeing on the Cube3.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need a CubePro buddy ;]

9. Likes RicciEU liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably find a CubePro quite cheap these days.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Transportation is limited for this beast.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good point I haven't had to move one for a while. 45kgs won't be cheap to transport.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone knows of one in the Seattle area for sale at a reasonable price (even for repair), I would be interested. Otherwise, it looks a little out of my price range.