Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not aware of anything specific for CubePro.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok merci.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tommy are you still selling recharge wands by any chance? Thanks,
    Coggles.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not but one of our own is - https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Systems-...r/153900451809
    Same unit, same function.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tommy, I am in New Zealand and have successfully built and used the ReCube Light. Is it posibble to purchase the Pro Hex file?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Gazzanz! Unfortunately, the pro hex file can only be purchased from the author, Tomuro. His site is at http://www.haxtom.com/

John

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    What Buddybu said. I never handled the Pro upgrade. Each Pro code-build by Tomuro is custom to your order. There is a help thread for those that need some guidance.

And of course, good show on the build!
    Last edited by TommyDee; 12-30-2020 at 03:30 AM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, at first I was going to purchase the ReCube Pro wand from WilliamLu from Ebay until I found out the import duties and fees 75euro to the south of Spain. So I have found this thread and have decided to make an attempt at building a ReCube Pro wand. I have reached out to Tomuro to request a ReCube Pro Hex file and any other goodies I might need.
    From what I have read in this thread these are the materials / parts I will need:
    1 x Arduino Nano with headers and USB cable
    1 x Vector board 50 x 70mm
    1 x Button Switch
    1 x 100k resistor
    1 x 2.2k resistor
    2 x 1k resistor
    1 x green LED
    1 x Red LED
    Solid wire 22 awg

Can anyone tell me if I am missing anything?

This is way way out of my comfort zone so should be a laugh / cry. Thanks to TommyDee and all of the others that contributed to this thread as to make this possible (key word there "POSSIBLE")

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum RicciEU.

This was one of the first circuits I had built and I never purchased the recube wand, but I did purchase the pro version from Tomuro.

This is not hard to build, just take your time and be sure to follow the diagram on Tomuro's site.

You've got this!

10. Thanks RicciEU thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RicciEU View Post
    Hello all, at first I was going to purchase the ReCube Pro wand from WilliamLu from Ebay until I found out the import duties and fees 75euro to the south of Spain. So I have found this thread and have decided to make an attempt at building a ReCube Pro wand. I have reached out to Tomuro to request a ReCube Pro Hex file and any other goodies I might need.
    From what I have read in this thread these are the materials / parts I will need:
    1 x Arduino Nano with headers and USB cable
    1 x Vector board 50 x 70mm
    1 x Button Switch
    1 x 100k resistor
    1 x 2.2k resistor
    2 x 1k resistor
    1 x green LED
    1 x Red LED
    Solid wire 22 awg

Can anyone tell me if I am missing anything?

This is way way out of my comfort zone so should be a laugh / cry. Thanks to TommyDee and all of the others that contributed to this thread as to make this possible (key word there "POSSIBLE")
    Read through the thread of my build RicciEU. When you get to the part about 'you can do this is a NANO and 2.2K resistor', stop and realize I was no different than you taking on this challenge. The most frustrating part was getting to the bottom of NANO's that simply would not take a program. This is the highest risk and can be tested with any Arduino sketch upload. Arduino IDE is the primary interface I use for the NANO, but Tomuro's code is self supported once you set the switches. You need to use Arduino IDE or a similar program to make the changes for any settings other than 100% recharge. The switch and lights are for this default mode [100% recharge]. The 2.2K resistor, and a pull-down of pin Digital4[iirc] will allow you to talk to the chip via a 'console' which Arduino IDE provides.

This is a very worthwhile project. I am very glad William picked up the mantle for making these. I never much liked the duty from foreign sales either. I encourage anyone to attempt their own first. I hope my instructions are sufficient.

"pulldown" here means that if the switch input is not pulled low, it could turn on accidentally when connected. D4 needs to be pulled to ground so it makes a stable state from the 'recharge' function. I can suggest terminating the pin to ground is sufficient but I have not tested that. By all rights it will work until someone tries to add the switch and it would generate a short when the switch is activated. This is where the 100K resistor came in. When the switch is not active, the 100K resistor would make the pin 0 volts. When you triggered the switch, the pin would see 5 volts and trigger the 'recharge' program. If this pin oscillates, as it could do left unterminated, some very confused results could occur.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 02-18-2021 at 07:34 AM.

12. Thanks RicciEU thanked for this post