Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any pre-drilled project board will work. Trim up the edges to the size you want.
    On eBay, search "prototype board PCB"

- - - - - - - - - -

I wanted to make the announcement that the sales of ReCube Wands has been robust with very positive feedback throughout the year. But alas, I need to make way for my day job.

I said I would do this for the support of the Cubify platform. It is a lot of work but there is also a lot of satisfaction in the work. However, I really don't have the time to continue this project into another round of orders.

I will discontinue the eBay auction when 100 units has been reached. If anyone is interested in taking on this project as a product, please contact me. I can provide design files. I have no desire to maintain a controlling interest. Let me know in PM if you would seriously consider continuity.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 09-17-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that pesky day job.

3. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, I actually did buy one of those ReCube wands you were selling on eBay since I didn't have enough time to order and build the circuit myself (being a university student is draining) so once I get back from my university I can actually test and work on my printer more

5. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you are now the owner of a -Limited Release- ReCube Wand with a number guaranteed to be less than... lets see... 85 at the moment... plus a few early sales and let me remember... oh yea, a few beta samples... so somewhere under 100 anyway ;p

I did see a ReCube Wand being sold with a Cube3 on eBay once. I am curious to see if these will go up in resale value when they are no longer available. Also how many will be ReCube-Pro-converted.

- - - - - - - - - -

We are down to the last 5 ReCube Wands offered on eBay. This has been an amazing project. However, I am happy to say 'enough'. 3 spools of 3D Solutech Real White; dozens of various NANO suppliers; one design iteration; and one customs issue in Germany. All in 9 months. Looks like December will be doing the paperwork for the IRS. I'll let you know what the bottom line was. Cost of making ReCube Wands without labor is still under $10 where the cable is 1/4 of it and the nano is almost a third. Boards and components were under $3. It amazes me just how many people have hands in your pockets when you embark on a venture such as this. At $29.50 plus shipping, I am hoping that in the end, I break even. ...and end up with a few tools I didn't have before.

Thank you all for your support. This has been an 'experience' if nothing else.

------------------

And it is done! The final auction ReCube is going to Florida. Wow, this has been a lot of work but very satisfying work in many respects.
    Again, thank you to all who have helped and guided this process.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 12-09-2019 at 03:38 AM.

7. Thanks bolsoncerrado, buddybu thanked for this post
    Likes buddybu liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, is there a direct link to download the recube2 files? The links on tomuro's site isno longer working.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi williamliu, welcome to the forums. You may have to contact Tomuro for those files, or let him know that the links aren't working. He may not be aware.

--buddybu

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible for you to direct message me the files if you or someone else has it? It would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which files? Edit; I see what you mean. I've posted on the site to get more information.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 04-03-2020 at 02:40 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any files would be fine, do you have the file to program the Arduino Nano?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd need permission for that. It's always been hosted on the site of his choice. I'm hoping for a reply on the site.

14. Likes buddybu liked this post