Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

[SOLVED] Creality CR-X servos looping after motherboard replacement

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone, anyone, can help me out... :-)

So today, I replaced the motherboard on my month old Creality CR-X. Why? Well, while replacing the nozzle a few days ago, I accidentally broke one of the crappy connected wires coming out of the hot-end, thereby touching another cable and causing a short circuit. Since that moment, my heated bed showed 145C and my hotend 45C in standby, so at room temperature. Since I didn't want to risk setting things on fire with bad temperature control, I decided to go for a fix.

I ended up replacing the hot-end assembly (heating element, thermistor, Y-funnel, cables,...) but since that didn't fix it, it had to be the motherboard. Ordered one at a Swedish webshop, replaced it and behold: my printer is going haywire. All servos are running, but back and forth continuously. Meaning: X,Y,Z, extruder one and extruder two. It even ends up heating the hot-end nd the heated bed. But the display keeps showing a blank progress bar.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Belgium!

Jan

Last edited by jantograaf; 02-05-2019 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Solution provided

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, Jan. That's a good one! Sounds like a lost robot. Is it stable enough for a firmware reload?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tommy,

It seems like the controller is stable but hanging on boot cycle. I'd love to reload the firmware, I guess that the FW is exctly the issue that is causing this endless loop. However, it's a Creality, so not much info on what firmware there is available for the CR-X, where to find it and how to load it. Their site only provides the source download, but I'd prefer a little more guidance about how to proceed from here on.

Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Jan. That's a good one! Sounds like a lost robot. Is it stable enough for a firmware reload?

Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thx! I've found this link yesterday, but it seems broken... So I've tried that, but since the download doesn't work, this is a dead end. Unless someone has the files available locally, that is...

Thanks, however! :-)

You can test it yourself, this is the file Gearbest links to:

http://download.appinthestore.com.s3...eo%20guide.zip

Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    GRrrrrrr....

Snagged it. There is a "2" missing after a percent. 160MB

Good link:
    http://download.appinthestore.com.s3...eo%20guide.zip

Bad link: http://download.appinthestore.com.s3...reality3D%20CR%0-%20X%203D%20Printer%20upgrade%20firmware%20and%20v ideo%20guide.zip
    Last edited by TommyDee; 02-05-2019 at 10:40 AM.

8. Thanks jantograaf thanked for this post
    Likes jantograaf liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tommy,

I've clicked that link, you'll indeed arrive at the GearBest-site where you need an account. I created one last night so I coud click the link, it links to http://download.appinthestore.com.s3.amazonaws.com/201811/Computer%20and%20network/2754193%20Creality3D%20CR%0-%20X%203D%20Printer%20upgrade%20firmware%20and%20v ideo%20guide.zip and that link gives a HTTP 400 error. So I've found and clicked the link alright, but it's no longer there or the link is incorrect...

Thanks anyway :-)

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try the new post above...

Let me know if you can't get there and I can upload to google drive temporarily.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 02-05-2019 at 10:45 AM.

11. Thanks jantograaf thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alrighty, you're a superhero! Downloading as we speak, let's see what we can cook up with this... :-)

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck, Jan!