Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default printing speed?

Today I just launched the first test print of a 20mm calibration cube... with the CubePro Mac software.

It prints quite fast.

It does not let you choose printing speed, just "resolution".

Marketing ads talk of 15mm/s but thats too slow, I'm pretty sure the printing speed is actually way faster.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slow is actually good for prints. There is a lot of flying mass on these hot ends. The price for direct drive filament?

Try running a print on V1.87 of the software. Everything about the printhead velocity is in the print file. Your version 2.00 f/w will run older versions of the slicer without issue.

Also make sure you have enough area to print per layer to see its normal mode. The little test cube is not enough to show that. I printed 3 simple posts on Cube3 and they too went into slow mode to manage minimum layer times.

Blue tape for quick ABS prints. Yep, Lokbuild!

Post Thanks / Like
    Weird thing is if the whole thing is capable of printing "really fast" or not... Let ME decide the "finish" if draft or hi-quality! This baby is BULKY so filling the build space at 15mm/s could take MONTHS lol

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never really see anything about actual machine velocity. I'm thinking that the Cube3 is set to 80mm/sec so this cannot be much under 60mm/sec. If they slowed it to 15mm/sec, it much be for a finely detailed print.

Post Thanks / Like

Never had overhang issues with this calibration cube on PLA, specially at this slow speed lol

(and yeah thats with the door closed hehe)

Post Thanks / Like
    Good hardware I guess, but poor software algorythms deliver crappy prints:

You can see the speed variations on the first and last layers (top/bottom are way fast compared to the rest of layers), the overhangs on the Z, the poor corners even when printed slow and the slight curling (fixable, but still meh). Some ghosting/ringing present too.

We'll try a bigger print tomorrow.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have some catching up to do, huh I get mine in a couple of hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pro hardware. Po(o)r Software.

Lol.

If only we could inject control of the heater unit, we could raise the preheating chamber heat to avoid winter rough times hehe

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they expect you to print 24/7 so it never cools down.

Yea, I was wondering about that heater.
    Maybe we make a preheat print that does nothing but get the chamber up and running for a specified period of time.
    Easy enough to do.

Actually... I am studying the software in action. It is doing some pretty advanced stuff. It seems to trip over itself spectacularly!
    But we do have a lot more control. Go to that advanced tab and check out some of the options.
    Remember those walls that don't join? Not any more! It is also doing some insane layer hiding. 200um looks a lot closer to 100um.

I did see it make a span correctly of nearly 30mm. Problem is, it was suppose to be an unfilled area.

I'm running 2.02. Got some goobers on inclined walls. The prints are quite strong!

And it definitely ain't slow! Gonna loose some screws in my kitchen table at this rate of shaking!
    Last edited by TommyDee; 03-06-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You printed that much already? lol