Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am 99% certain that the printer interface just doesn't read the gcode for pausing or anything else.

As I said I managed to do it with OctoPi (OctoPrint or whatever the raspberry P's interface is).
    Now my issue is that after a resume... the printer extrudes like 2-3cm of really thick filament right before resuming. I have no time to even try and get it out. I am playing more with the settings.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is likely a purge that is initiated by the pause. That may be the F/W of the printer based on the command it is processing. In that case, you want to add a neutral G1 location just before the pause where you would like to purge the nozzle. Immediately after the resume, you want to drive it back to the location it left with another G1 code. If you do not see this purge in the gcode, it is a firmware operation.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZippyStar View Post
    I am 99% certain that the printer interface just doesn't read the gcode for pausing or anything else.

As I said I managed to do it with OctoPi (OctoPrint or whatever the raspberry P's interface is).
    Now my issue is that after a resume... the printer extrudes like 2-3cm of really thick filament right before resuming. I have no time to even try and get it out. I am playing more with the settings.
    Zippy - I am having the exact same issue nearly 6 months after your post. Have you determined a fix / workaround for this issue? I've submitted a ticket to TinyMachines (as I'm running their FM and als using OctoPi) but still have not had any success at resuming a print.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SloppyBowl View Post
    Zippy - I am having the exact same issue nearly 6 months after your post. Have you determined a fix / workaround for this issue? I've submitted a ticket to TinyMachines (as I'm running their FM and als using OctoPi) but still have not had any success at resuming a print.
    I have been trying this since about a year ago without figuring anything out. 'Am hoping something turns up here.
    '

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by markjacks View Post
    I have been trying this since about a year ago without figuring anything out. 'Am hoping something turns up here.
    '
    The answer to the problem is that the CR10s-Pro's firmware needs to be upgraded to the TinyMachines firmware Version 2. The firmware on the Pro from the factory does not accept the filament change gcode command. I upgraded and have been printing in two colors for several weeks.

6. Likes TommyDee liked this post