Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

FREE Cartridge Chip Recharge Service Offer

The ReCube Wand project is complete and is currently advertised on eBay as stock is available; https://www.ebay.com/itm/192871123590

I would like to offer a service for members on the fence on next steps as to how to manage their Cube3, Ekocycle, CubeX and CubePro cartridges.

I am offering a refill service of your chips for forum members free of charge.

The process is simple:
    Make your request in this thread and I will PM you my address for mailing.
    You mail the chip to my address and include a self-addressed stamped return envelope.
    I reset your chip to 100% and put it in your return envelope and put it in my outgoing post.
    Special requests may be negotiated.

I make no claims or warranties on the service or USPS performance. USPS rarely lets me down.
    You make it easy on me and I will recharge your chips for you, and return the chip in your prepaid envelope.
    If there will be a delay, I will let you know in reply to your public forum post -before- you send the chip(s).
    This should get you recharged chips within a week total processing time from and to your door.

Why will I do this? Seriously... almost $30 and premium postage to recharge your cartridge through eBay?

If you are willing to take the time to remove the chip from the cartridge, fill out a few envelopes and provide stamps, I am certainly able to dedicate the 30 seconds it takes to provide this service.

I may extend a similar offer on eBay along with recouping all the fees and risks associated with it, forcing needless costs if interested parties wish to have greater security. Like the ReCube Wand, this is not about money, this is about supporting these wonderful machines and community generated enhancements.

Of course, donations are welcome and will get your custom request filled just as simply as stated above.

"Let the chips fall where they may."
    Last edited by TommyDee; 04-07-2019 at 11:37 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi
    i am the guy from ebay that got the recube from you and blown it out so i need to reprogram it i have the two files from
    tomuro (ReCube.ino.with_bootloader.hex and ReCube.with_bootloader.hex files can you help me on the easy way to do this
    thanks much
    charlie

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! There you are.

Welcome to the forum.

I got two files from tomuro as well, they are named ReCube.ino.hex and ReCube.ino.with_bootloader.hex.
    These are personalized to your email address so keep them safe.
    YOU WANT TO USE THE ReCube.ino.hex. If you don't have that, Tomuro will provide that.

Your ReCube has (had?) the latest Arduino bootloader as shipped from China so your communication speed is 115200 for loading new firmware.

Tomuro is assuming you have the install files from the ReCube Light, so let's start there.
    As I warn in the Building Tomuro's Circuit thread, this download page is a serious trap so wait for the timer in the upper right hand corner to count down and proceed to the download page from the upper right hand corner prompt. Also deny any authorization attempts by the site. Your virus protection will also likely light up.

http://adf.ly/1oLrjp
    Download ReCubeV2Light.zip

In the file you will find the following:
    Avrdude folder
    ReCubeSchematic
    folder
    ReCubeV1board
    folder
    program.bat
    README.txt
    ReCube.ino.hex
    ReCube.ino.with_bootloader.hex

You need to install these somewhere and mind the path you define.
    This install is fully self-supported. No need to use Arduino IDE.

You are only concerned with the batch file, program.bat.

Note the identical name of the light version file and the file that Tomuro sent you.
    The ReCubePro version will have your email address encoded into it.

This is the command line in the batch file:
    Avrdude\avrdude -C Avrdude\avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM3 -b57600 -D "-Uflash:w:ReCubeLight.ino.hex:i"

Note the errors... fist of all, the filename is wrong so the batch file won't find it. Correct that. The baud rate is for old bootloader, so correct that. Also know your com port for PCOM(n). Also know that however you start the batch file, that those two Avrdude files are found. The rest is okay

As stated before, put "pause" after this command line so the command window will remain open to see any errors it may present or confirm the install completion.

Assuming you start the batch file in this root folder where the Avrdude folder resides, this would be the command string you would use in the batch file with the right COM port specified. For the pro version, replace the light version of the hex file in the folder where the batch file resides.

Avrdude\avrdude -C Avrdude\avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM(n) -b115200 -D "-Uflash:w:ReCube.ino.hex:i"
    PAUSE
    <= add this
    EXIT <= optional

If this works, then all is good! If not, we'll backtrack to Arduino IDE and see if anything is seriously corrupt with the Nano.
    You will know by the echoing of the installation process in the windows command window if things went okay.

I know all this is wordy but I am trying to be very precise as to the process.

Next is to understand how to read and use the Arduino IDE serial monitor. Let me know when you get to that point and if you need help there.

I await your reply.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 04-13-2019 at 07:13 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks so much for helping me with this got it to reload back to the light ver so it back to the way i got it from you but i unzip the tomuro file pro and there 2 files both 65kb in size one is named (ReCube.ino.with_bootloader.hex) and other is (ReCube.with_bootloader.hex) try to load and got errors on both when reloaded so i sent tomuro a message with that info about errors do you have any idea what it can be and does the pro ver have a menu so you can see the info

Thanks so much
    Charlie

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noted that in your previous communications.
    Tomuro just forgot to put the non-bootloader version in your zip file.
    The two files you received will probably compare as absolutely identical.
    My 2 ReCubePro files that Tomuro provided are 66k and 70k.
    File size will vary based on the length of your name.

I do not know or understand how Avrdude installs bootloaders.
    In recent investigations, I learned how to have a Master Nano update the bootloader to a Slave Nano.
    And this required many hours of research just to get that much out of the web on the subject.
    And believe me when I say... all this code stuff is many levels above my pay-grade.
    I hacked through all this the same way anyone does; maybe a little more carefully than most

I am really happy that nothing got fried. Let me know how you get on with Tomuro on the SNAFU.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quick thought... follow me on this...
    I noted the .ino. is missing in the second.
    Try replacing the ReCube.with_bootloader.hex with ino (rename the non-ino file to ReCube.ino.hex)
    Just in case it was a simple file name error.
    I could see something like Arvdude looking for something in the file extension to work properly.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    i try that i let you know thanks again

- - - - - - - - - -

hi

Thanks got the right files from tomuro and install it went well and loaded but i do not fully understand how the pro ver works I know what it does but
    I see no menu or bat file to setting I look around I did find info on Pro ver so do you have any help or info links

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are making progress! Please post a picture of what you -are- seeing and we can go from there.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 04-16-2019 at 02:42 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great information.Thanks for sharing

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received the pro files from tomuro and noticed they do not have the .ino in them. Is that a problem or can I proceed as normal?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, pizzabaconator.

I'd say try it and see what the messages are from AVRDUDE. Basically, the batch file command string has to see what is actually there so you can try both ways... modify the batch file and if that fails for some reason, add the ino. to the file name that Tomuro sent and the batch file.

I've put a help thread together that might be a little easier to follow:
    http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ghlight=recube

Let us know how it worked out. If nothing else, yes, contact Tomuro and ask what he's thinking