Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mac Osx Stuff

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Mac Osx Stuff

Elektriktrick STL and GCode Quicklook for OS X — Website

I’ve got this working on Osx 10.9.5 Had to remove Pleasant3D & Cura…..Will not work with either installed
    Basic’s of Installing more at web site

QuickLook is a built in file viewer for Mac:
    Hit the space bar with any file selected, and a preview of that file will be shown instantly.
    QuickLook also builds Icon previews.

Installtion
    Unzip the .zip file and move the resulting ElektriktrickQuickLook.qlgenerator into /Library/QuickLook
    Simply drag the left file onto the right folder. You need to enter your password to do this.

Issues
    If QuickLook does not work right away, go to the Terminal and run qlmanage -r and qlmanage -r cache or log out and log back in again. (Terminal is located in Application/Utilities/ Just copy and paste into Terminal & Hit return.

If it still does not work, and you see a white cup on a dark brown surface as a preview, a software named 'Pleasant3D' is installed somewhere on your computer (Autodesk360 installs it, for example).

If you want Elektriktrick to work, you need to delete Pleasant3D completely (even empty the trash). I will try to fix that in the next version.

If you see no preview, but the logo of some other app, you most likely have some program that incorporates Pleasant3D, usually "Cura". For now, the only way I found to make Elektriktrick work, is to remove Cure from the Harddisk, including the Trash.

snap_w_display_large_fl.jpg

Download Elektriktrick STL QuickLook V1.0.1 for OS X 10.6 and above
    Download Elektriktrick STL and GCode QuickLook V1.0.2 for OS X 10.6 and above
    Last edited by Zoom; 01-07-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    GLC_STL player_2.2.0 -- 3D Viewer / Library Manager - DOWNLOADS

GLC_Player is a software used to view 3d models (COLLADA 3DXML
    OBJ 3DS STL OFF COFF Format) and to navigate easily in these models. With the album management, capture and multi-capture capabilities, html export and navigation possibilities GLC_Player is the accurate tools to review a lot of 3D models and to create illustrations. GLC_Player is a cross-platform application (Mac, Linux and Windows). GLC_Player is a Qt4 application and use GLC_Lib.

I am using this instead of Pleasant3D