Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Hack 3D Cube Pro Trio with FW 2.01

Hello,

I have a Cube Pro Trio at Home. I tried to hack this thing with the CubeToolbox. I read everything in this forum here but I don't get it to work.
    My 3D printer is on Version 2.01 and the Toolbox only supports patching for 2.00. I have no clue how to "downgrade" my 3D Printer.

I would really appreciate it if someone cloud helps me.

I have some cartridges at home which I would not need if the hack works. So maybe if someone can help me I could send him one or two of these.

Thank you in advance!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you really want to use the latest firmware, make or get a chip resetter. I'll reset your chips for free until we can get you up an running with one. Lots of ways to get there. Talk to me. Got the goods and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

But yes, the hack only works on v2.00. You should be able to force a downgrade using the USB port and the onboard menu. Cannot do this over WiFi. Worst case is to remove some files from the internal SD forcing a F/W load, but that should not be necessary.

If those are ABS carts, we can talk.

Welcome to the forum, Tarak!

3. Likes Tarak liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tommy,

Thank you for your replay.

It's not really important for me to use the latest firmware. I don't think there are major changes that would affect the print quality, there are not even changelogs for 2.01/02.
    Do you mean the cartridges chips? It should be ok I took two half-full cartridges to the side.

Could you explain to me how to force the downgrade? Always if I plug in the patched or even the original FW the printer won't accept it.

I have both ABS and PLA

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My experience is Cube3 and if you put the firmware of choice on the USB stick, you can use the menu to update F/W. It should ignore the current version and load whatever is on the stick, but only one can reside there and must be valid, hacked or not. Then use the onboard menu to install the firmware. The only issues the Cube3 has even had was that for some reason, it required a patch when they added the "B" to the end of the F/W .ar filename. If it does reject this method, can you provide the error replies from the machine? Next level attempts are more destructive as in getting to the motherboard.

I might suggest a far-back downgrade of one of the 1.x versions... It takes some hacking of the web address to get files, but all things Cubify are available here: http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/

We could trade an ABS cartridge for a cartridge chip resetting tool if you're interested. It will refill your carts with the touch of a button. I build these so it is an easy offer for me to make; Info HERE. No firmware mods required. You'd be shipping to Oregon.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I tried to downgrade to 1.14v (Printers/Cubepro/cubepro V1.14.ar) but it's the same "Error Message" as always: Firmware failed to download.
    I used a clear FAT32 formatted USB stick and my printer is on version 2.02.

I will write to you via PM.

Thank you again for your help.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I replied with an epic 2 part response, Tarak. I look forward to understanding how we can downgrade these monsters to install the modified F/W. Be sure not to overlook method 5 at the end of the first list in case that was the trick used by others. My memory is much foggier as to how people forced the upgrade onto CubePro machines already set to V2.02.

Hopefully someone will chime in with the correct response as I have not done this to my CubePro. I suspect renaming the .ar file to the current version (cubepro 2.02.ar) is the correct action or more posts would have been notable in the realms of Cubify discussions.

Good luck and happy Easter!

- - - - - - - - - -

...after a reprap conversion of Cube3 conversation, this is the genesis of the modified F/W. That may answer a few more questions - https://openbuilds.com/threads/cube-3-pro-hacks.8420/