Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Should I or should I NOT buy a CR-10s PRO ?

I am new to 3D printing and watch some reviews of this printer ... and ordered one !

I plan to use it for printing patterns for moulding, small brackets and jigs for use in the wood/metal-shop.

After I found a lot of videos on YouTube with frustrated users of this printer I cancelled my order !

Is it in any way possible to get this printer running with SOME Xor ALL of the updating proposals out there ?

Is there somewhere a list of needed and/or good to have updates ?

Please, teach me what to do !

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, keldsor.

I understand your trepidation but I don't have an answer. CR10 is a very popular printer but they do seem to have their moments.

The only thing I can offer is the fact that you can get past a lot of the little things once you know to look for them.

Otherwise, yes, I've found a lot of "review" type videos that praises some printers while the next video completely destroys the very same printer.

The next level consideration I would give the choice is service response. Here you might put PRUSA against Creality.

Then again, PRUSA has made some strange design decisions as well.

- - - - - - - - - -

...this is likely the video you ran across:

It is true that the user community is often much more in tune with issues than the OEM.
    It took me more than a year to get to a comfortable place with my printers.
    That's only because they needed some serious help.