Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is great, thanks!

2. Likes buddybu liked this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Ben! And Thanks. Please feel free to post any comments issues here, or PM me. Just as TommyDee -- I am fairly responsive.

- - - - - - - - - -

I updated the link, for some reason Google drive removed the share:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gdM...ew?usp=sharing

4. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    G'day all,

In another thread Tommy recommended I cut my retraction by 2/3 of the original value (i.e. a 1/3 reduction). From what I can gather from this thread, I need to configure the temperatures in the Editor, then click the "Generate Script" button, reduce the numbers for retraction by 1.3 (i.e. 450 to 300), save the script... and then do something with it.

It's that something I am a bit sticky on. From what I read I open the model in the Editor program, generate script, view & edit the script, hit apply changes. However, this only changes the S Value in the retraction pane. Should I be concerned the G and F values are unchanged?

Retraction.PNG
    Retraction Script.PNG
    Retraction2.PNG

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can change the G values too. Changing F is optional. I am pretty sure that is the speed of the filament driver. Now to ask what these actually mean requires a bit more study. I know with just a few settings thing can get interesting. But an exact understanding is not available yet. Retract and resume is 'how much to feed'. I've found a reference in DLL files before but that is posted elsewhere. Still wasn't obvious though.

You processed correctly the M228 S value as that should match the M227 S value ...which should mach the P value. But it is nice to have the option to mix it up, like more retract than resume to stop drools.

Ignore the lines with P and S values of zero or one.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 02-17-2020 at 05:55 AM.

7. Thanks CruciasNZ thanked for this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are just using the interface to change the values for retraction, then you don't need to generate the script. You can just change the values and when you are done you can click generate Cube3. If you are actively using the script, then ignore me.

9. Thanks CruciasNZ thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The numbers in the interface for retraction were not editable? Is there a menu option to enable that? I am, however, able to edit the temperatures in the interface with ease.

11. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if you just click the cell containing the number, you can change the value. Press enter once you've change the value to make it permanent. Once you click "Generate Cube3", it will save the Cube3 file with the new retraction values.

I was thinking of making the temperature tab look somewhat similar, since most users just "replace". Thoughts?
    Last edited by buddybu; 02-18-2020 at 01:52 AM. Reason: added additional thoughts

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing this information with us. I suppose I could get a free and I didn't sign the files

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Davidlandonvoice. What could you get for free? My editor? If you paid for it, then whoever you paid has hijacked my software and it is likely not valid binaries build by me.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanity check - is the first page post 1 the latest editor?
    v0.9.7250.34849

Lost the Win10 PC and installed the editor today on a new Win10 laptop. It was Windows defender that still complains on first-run of each executable.
    "More Info>Run Anyway" solves it as before. Norton is fine with it.
    Just thought I'd update you on new user experience