Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  44
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry John, I looked at this quite a while ago. Cura in their BFB profile will use M109 for go to temp and wait where 3DS does M104 using a switch of absent and P1 to toggle wait for temp or not. I don't know if Cube3 recognizes M109 or not. It could be supported via legacy support.

Bias temp; the temperatures you see in the editor on the unused extruder. This does one of two things, or both. 1, it makes sure the heater block has sufficient heat load not to trip the Txx errors or/and provide more consistent heat ranges. And 2, only required for dual extruders present; is to help mow over high spots by melting rather than going around an object moving the plate. Is 155C enough to clip some peaks? Basically, the slicer doesn't know if the second extruder will be in place or not. It doesn't care - it is prepared for that event.

Basically supporting only one extruder, you would just set the unused extruder in the post-process header/footer placements. During normal operations, both heaters are always working while printing. Cube3's go through a dance when you swap nozzles for dual filament prints.

I'd have to look again at what the 3DS slicer spits out for M104, but is one of the differences. The other difference is the two switches on the end of M227 are negated by Cura. They have some fine tuning in timing. They are tough to understand but they can make big changes. There is also variation with M228.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 07-20-2020 at 04:57 AM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any files made with S3d and converted with encoder? I will try the printer. because when i try ..always get fail

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today I decided to try a 'pause' in the print using the editor. I've been printing a lot of PETG lately and I had a terrible time with dual extrusion. Filament kept bleeding from the small snags.

In this case I added a "G4 P60" at the end of the layer where I wanted to change the filament. The 60 seconds gave me time to remove a lot of the filament in the nozzle (B2B of course). Very stringy stuff! While paused on G4 I also hit the "Pause" button on the screen. When the 60 seconds was up, the head parked over the bin waiting for resume.

This is a switch-cap using NovaMaker White PETG on Amazon Black PETG

20200723_145636.jpg

Now to move this to the next level

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH, that looks very nice! I haven't really had time to dig into the changes you suggested, but they are still on my plate. I am also looking into a post-processing plugin for Cura to allow it to create Cube3 compatible BFB. We should be able to then bring it into the editor and generate a cube3 file from it.

5. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it really strange to use so much effort to use a 3d printer? :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canszzz View Post
    Isn't it really strange to use so much effort to use a 3d printer? :/
    You havent messed with any of the today's chinese cheap 3d printers right?
    :P

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have ender 3 pro in home . ı got very good results and ı dıdın't have any problems with the slicer also ı can use most materials . There is a cubepro duo taken in the workplace and it's really hard to deal with this printer

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing with the cube line of printers (Cube, Cube 2, Cube 3, Cube Pro, etc), is that when 3DSystems was still supporting them and the filament was readily available, then you had a very easy to use 3D printer.

These printers are not cheap clones and are engineered with excellence. We don't want to dispose of these printers, so we are looking at ways to make them continue to be useful, and so we end up with organic tools and procedures to use the available resources.

And most of the active people here are tinkerers and we enjoy this kind of work.

10. Thanks garufa thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never regretted buying a canned system in the Cube3. It did exactly what it was suppose to do - send it a design and it prints it. That is the theory anyway. Well, 3 years and a few gadgets later, my printers do exactly what they are suppose to do. I run the routine for slicing and the printer just prints. Yes, it took 3 years to 'complete' the design. Along the way we picked up tools and tricks. Now we can do more than originally intended. No, I have little appetite these days to learn yet another thing that requires 'discovery' to operate optimally. I just want pretty functional prints. I get a lot of those now-a-days.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canszzz View Post
    Are there any files made with S3d and converted with encoder? I will try the printer. because when i try ..always get fail
    Hey Canszzz, AFAIK there are not any files made with S3D and converted with the encoder. Have you tried it? You may need to ask one of the S3D users if they have done it.