Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can this be used to edit the values of how much filament is left in a cartridge?
    If so how?

2. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forumum Thememethunder.

Unfortunately, no, this will not be able to do that. You will need to get Tomuro's device to reset that value, or you can work with someone on here who you can ship the chip, do the reset for you, then ship it back to you. TommyDee has offered that in the past, or he will send you a completely setup cartridge.

You will need to still modify your firmware to not modify the chip, and I have noticed that you have asked about that.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed, I still offer the chip service for free. Not sure what postage would be internationally for a 'letter' since this is not for commerce.

...thunder, have a look at this thread in case you might be interested in going that route: http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...muro-s-Circuit''

Basically with a few components adding up to less that 10 Euro, you can make this a functional chip charger. The code is free and the hardware consists of an Arduino NANO and a 2.2K resistor.

And of course, you have the firmware patch which negates everything except the need to reduce the chip to under 100%.

Lots of great solutions for opening up this printer to some extent.

And Buddy's print file tools... They are the cream of the crop!

Please let us know if other burning questions come up. It can all be overwhelming until it starts to make sense.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aw shucks! Thanks Tommy! I can say that what TD says about this being a bit overwhelming to beginner to all of this, he is correct. But using Tomuro's circuit diagram, even I, a lowly programmer, was able to build it using a breadboard and a cheap Nano.

I still have mine and it works great!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    i got the firmware hack to work but for some reason it wouldn't work with my USB stick it only worked with the one that came with it and because of that i only managed to do it yesterday so my cartridges are at 0% (one still has filament in the cartridge) and as a result i cant print with it

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    The zero percent chip can be reset with the recube tool. Happy to reset it for you if you want to send it to me with a stamped return envelope included. That includes international.

Funny thing about the patch. It will print using WiFi to a 100% chip if the patch has been in place long enough to overwrite an internal buffer. However, that is not the case for USB. USB prints must have a cart less than 100%. That is why and the only reason I favor the ReCube wand. I have the patch in place on Cube3 but not on CubePro.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, new version of tools posted in which I made some XML updates (to make sure that the update works), also if you do "save as", it will save the new file without the '_MOD' filename extension. I still have an outstanding bug that the _MOD version of the file will not be written. Working on that one still. Thanks ThememeThunder. I haven't fixed All of the bugs yet, but I am getting there. See the issues on the github page. Please post any issues you have seen there so that I can track them and make updates...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gd...mhQ_f28-DhOI6e

Github link:
    https://github.com/buddybu/Cube3Editor/issues

- - - - - - - - - -

And another update -- this one fixes the issue with overwriting existing _`MOD Files. Check it out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gd...mhQ_f28-DhOI6e

Also posted the release on Github:

https://github.com/buddybu/Cube3Edit.../tag/v0.92BETA
    Last edited by buddybu; 11-08-2019 at 04:34 AM.

9. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you once again for your diligent work Buddy!

11. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on an XML editor as well.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That will be sweet! That will certainly be the next phase for both Cube3 and CubePro.