Thanks Thanks:  40
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is already an XML viewer available -- see View -> XML to see the current implementation. It is currently read only, but I am working on making it editable with the ability to add verification.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, you are thinking a different XML editor? I was thinking the config XML files such as Build_Config_Cube_3.xml. We can decode them but not recode them. And that is only due to the header and footer corruption. The decoder is the same as the early versions of the cube print files.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of the XML included in the cube3 file, there are pretty good standalone editors for the config XML files.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are? We might be talking different files.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Oh, you are thinking a different XML editor? I was thinking the config XML files such as Build_Config_Cube_3.xml. We can decode them but not recode them. And that is only due to the header and footer corruption. The decoder is the same as the early versions of the cube print files.
    Oh, let me check that out. Are these the config files on the printer SD card or somewhere else?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are driver configs for the slicer and cubeprint app. Think of the slicer config as a canned set of recipes. Tweaking those recipes will change slicer behavior.

These files are located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\3D Systems\Cube Print\Cubeit_Dir\ConfigurationCube123.xml & Build_Config_Cube_3.xml

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the last 8 bytes are some sort of checksum. I am getting closer to figuring it out, but I am still figuring it out. The file is padded with null (0x00) bytes to get it to boundary that is divisible by 8. I now need to figure out how the checksum/crc is calculated.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aha, that is why it appeared to work when I recompiled one and did the hex-edit to get the last characters back. This was simply de- and re-coding. But when I made a change, it didn't work.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Aha, that is why it appeared to work when I recompiled one and did the hex-edit to get the last characters back. This was simply de- and re-coding. But when I made a change, it didn't work.
    Your PM box is full, so I can't PM you.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    All empty now Thanks for letting me know about the black piece not adhering. I should rethink those black pieces.