Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got the file. The reason you are having trouble is that the "V" nearly dips into the inner wall trace.
    You also have an overcrowding condition in the center. You must be running a wall thickness ~1.8mm.
    Try a wall thickness of 2.0 or more and provide 0.9mm minimum wall at the "V" notches.
    This will give the print some more room to "expand".

0.9 and 1.8mm seem to be the magic numbers for minimum wall thickness. It crowds the walls slightly over 'normal' [0.5mm].
    1.8mm assures 4 walls [total] with crowding in the center. With that many starts and stops to fill each 'apron', you get a lot of 'spillage'.

I run the EKOCYCLE slicer for PETG.
    I change the retracts to 325 and 275 respectively. I leave the temperature alone. This seems to do a -whole lot- better than the ABS slicer with 3rd party filaments. The ABS slicer really is formulated for -just- 3DS ABS filament... a special -recyclable- blend. And the great part is that the EKOCYCLE slicer solves this for 3rd party ABS. Essentially, the EKOCYCLE slicer is more gentle with the entire system. More precise.

And yes, I get great OOTB prints with 3DS ABS and the CubePrint ABS slicer. But that is the -only- filament that works.

The submission of files on the USB just puts the file onto the memory card just like WiFi is doing. It is handed over to the 3DS OS once accepted.

- - - - - - - - - -

Your temp profile looks fine. Normally I see within -5 degrees on the read-back. Typically a bit low. But these are normalized values as there are many thermal brakes between the sensor and the nozzle tip. The read-back to the app can also have a huge delay once the the print gets going. Could it be triggered by timestamps or something?

2. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks TD. I decided to try again with the retraction values returned to default, and it is printing much better. So far no weird outdents....

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can I play??

Where do I find the current version?
    Are they at the links in Post #1?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    More the merrier, John...

Bottom of this post is what I call v20: http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post46964

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey John,

The zip file can be found here. There will be an update coming in the next few days with some changes that TommyDee has requested. Please feel free to request any changes you see fit. I try to respond to requests fairly quick, unless they are more involved, then it may take me longer.

Right now, I am working on the design for an app to send Cube3 files to the printer directly (outside of CubePrint).

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got it. That is one nice piece of work, bb!

Kudos to you, and to TD for all the ideas and info.

Future tweak - could the Printer Model be a pull-down list?
    If so, then perhaps on selection replace the Firmware/MinFirmware values with the corresponding 'normal' values (1.14B for Cube3, 1.05 for Ekocycle) for the model selected?
    The fields could still be edited, if someone wanted to play with Eko version V1.04C, for example.

For PETG I make the .cube3 file with the Eko slicer, then run it on my Cube3 by switching those 3 fields.

Thank you for building this spiffy tool!

8. Likes buddybu liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and John, Buddy built a command line interface that integrates a custom script for those -repeat- jobs.

While you are working on this, Buddy, is there a "/help" option in the command line to see the full syntax?
    And I've been meaning to ask what the syntax [XML] is for on encode and decode. Does this switch properly decode and encode the config files?

Thanks for helping out there John. Definitely cannot push all the buttons Buddy has provided for us fast enough.

10. Likes buddybu liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    JT -- TommyDee already asked for that and it is next on my list.

TD -- I will add help to all the utilities -- is there one you want more than any other, i.e., a prioritized list so that I don't spend my time on the cube extractor and builder, when you really want the editor and script generator.... The XML is so that you can pass in the encoded XML file and decode it, or pass in an unecoded XML and get it back encoded.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    ... Definitely cannot push all the buttons Buddy has provided for us fast enough.
    This obviously is not his first rodeo!!

13. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Likes buddybu, TommyDee liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely need to test the XML thing again. That is still highest on my wish list; config files.

Otherwise, no; Everything you are doing has value at one level or another.
    I think the highest order of work is likely in the %-pressure implementation.
    That is a CubePro wish list more than Cube3/Ekocycle. Not impossible without it.

Did you have a list you are working from that we can help prioritize?