Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

CR10 S PRO Creality 1.60.9 Firmware Z axis Zero issues!!

So I will try to be as descriptive as possible bare with me for a moment.
    I recently replaced the Bed Leveling Sensor with an inductive sensor, I checked the wiring diagram on both sensors and installed them in the same orientation. I also uploaded new firmware to the CR10 s Pro and installed backlash nuts on the z-axis rods.
    I did all of that at the same time.
    Now when I turn on my printer and go to set the Z-axis zero height, it auto-homes and stops about 20mm Above the bed height, I can not adjust the zero down from the bed leveling menu, and I can not adjust the bed up with the adjustment screws.
    I have tried disconnecting the Z-Axis Screws from the motors and turning them down independent of the motor to set the zero height manually, I have adjusted the inductive sensor up as far as it can go, and even unplugged it and turned off bed leveling. but every time it goes to auto home it raises the x-axis up and back to the 20mm above bed height. furthermore, if I select zero from this position it will auto home and raise it another 20 mm off the bed. to complicate matters even more, if I select auto level and tell it to measure the bed, it will home to X/Y zero and then at every point it will raise the x-axis ~10mm and move to the next point, it will do this throughout the leveling procedure and never come back down to the correct height.(unrelated links removed by admin)

Any suggestions?
    I was thinking bad bed level sensor however it won't manually zero, even with the sensor disconnected.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 06-15-2019 at 05:36 AM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never tried the method of balancing the bed balance with a touch sensor!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum maryrosie!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi, TommyDee! nice too meet you!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suryanibbas View Post
    So I will try to be as descriptive as possible bare with me for a moment.
    I recently replaced the Bed Leveling Sensor with an inductive sensor, I checked the wiring diagram on both sensors and installed them in the same orientation. I also uploaded new firmware to the CR10 s Pro and installed backlash nuts on the z-axis rods.
    I did all of that at the same time.
    Now when I turn on my printer and go to set the Z-axis zero height, it auto-homes and stops about 20mm Above the bed height, I can not adjust the zero down from the bed leveling menu, and I can not adjust the bed up with the adjustment screws.
    I have tried disconnecting the Z-Axis Screws from the motors and turning them down independent of the motor to set the zero height manually, I have adjusted the inductive sensor up as far as it can go, and even unplugged it and turned off bed leveling. but every time it goes to auto home it raises the x-axis up and back to the 20mm above bed height. furthermore, if I select zero from this position it will auto home and raise it another 20 mm off the bed. to complicate matters even more, if I select auto level and tell it to measure the bed, it will home to X/Y zero and then at every point it will raise the x-axis ~10mm and move to the next point, it will do this throughout the leveling procedure and never come back down to the correct height.(unrelated links removed by admin)

Any suggestions?
    I was thinking bad bed level sensor however it won't manually zero, even with the sensor disconnected.
    I hope you got this resolved by now, but for others looking at the thread...you should run and EEPROM reset after upgrading the firmware.
    M502
    M500
    M501

Tinymachines has a good resource page for the CR10S Pro. It includes the above.

https://tiny-machines-3d.myshopify.com/pages/10spro

I hope it helps...

6. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has this issue been resolved i have the exact same thing, i've tried the gcodes to reset, updated to tiny machines firmware but still get the same issue.

Homes set offset rehome to bed level but nozzle raised more

Quote Originally Posted by Rennis View Post
    I hope you got this resolved by now, but for others looking at the thread...you should run and EEPROM reset after upgrading the firmware.
    M502
    M500
    M501

Tinymachines has a good resource page for the CR10S Pro. It includes the above.

https://tiny-machines-3d.myshopify.com/pages/10spro

I hope it helps...