Hi all, this is a repost from Reddit as I'm trying to increase the sample size - sorry if you've already seen it. Mods - I hope that's OK.

___

I am doing a PhD on 3D printing. In addition to my desk-based research, I would like to talk to people who use 3D printing and see what’s going on in the real world. TL;DR below.

Purpose: If you are involved with 3D printing or modelling — whether it's your hobby or profession — and you’re willing to share your experiences and views through a 15-minute Google Docs survey, it would be great to hear from you. The aim is to collect some empirical data on a number of issues including your own involvement and motivation for using 3D printing, views on file sharing, legal issues, open source, any concerns you may have, etc. There's room for flexibility. All data is anonymized and I have obtained ethics clearance from my institution.

Who benefits: Mostly me, as it allows me to complete my research on time. I'll try to disseminate the results as widely as possible. Subject to your approval, I can acknowledge your contribution in my PhD and an academic article.

What happens next: If you are interested, please send me a PM on Reddit. The survey is currently limited to US, EU, and EEA participants due to data protection stuff — apologies. Feel free to share with anybody who might be interested, as this would make the sample more representative.

TL;DR: I would like to talk to people about their involvement with 3D printing. I’ll send a Google Docs survey which should take about 10-15 minutes. Questions are varied and flexible.

Original Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/...esearch_on_3d/